"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is stupid because forums are still vastly superior to them in the ability to discuss things in detail.
That's how I feel as well. Part of it is probably because some of us were already using forum before FB and others came around while a lot of people new to computers go for FB right away. I do love this forum and how it has a family feel to it.

Which is stupid because forums are still vastly superior to them in the ability to discuss things in detail.
Well that's the thing, a lot of people aren't interested in that. Look at how many non regulars we get coming on here posting Facebook quality comments. :p

Ironically, this is on my page. Ya, I give in to some of the FB craziness too. :p
odAZInn.jpg

There's no denying that! The majority of people who comment on their posts on FB just post pictures of their Fear Of The Dark tattoos and post that picture of everyone holding irons up lol, and the cover of Best Of The Beast. However I did enjoy that week when they posted pictures of the master tapes while mastering their music for iTunes. I still can't believe the quality of each song on the master tapes! The Number Of The Beast (song) was like 185 MB...
I wonder how much space Empire Of The Clouds took up! Must be close to 1 GB! Probably had to store it on 2 tapes lol.

A really great FB page is Maiden77 which posts all stuff from Maiden in the really old days. The Maiden collector ones are cool too.

Also, JUST 2 DAYS LEFT TO SPEED OF LIGHT!!! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!!! The wait for me is SO FUCKING INTENSE!!!!!
And just 24 to the album!

I am quite honestly sad for Maiden fans who don't use message boards and rely solely on Facebook, Twitter, reddit, etc. They will never have a community where they can discuss the music or band in depth.

In my experience, you might have 1 (maybe 2 if you're lucky) friends that like Iron Maiden, and they probably don't like them as much as you. This places gives you a group to chatter endlessly with about the incredible experience of being a Maiden fan.

I just joined the forums and love having this place here to discuss Maiden! A great community here and it's great to have the love for Maiden in common. I've used the Dream Theater forums before to interact with Dream Theater fans, but only had Facebook and Twitter as my main source of Maiden discussion. Glad I got on board here.

It's a good community. It's even better once the Facebook-quality posters start to slack off (I love that term, and I am going to co-opt it) after the album release. Seems like every cycle we keep a few good quality members. I'm hoping to see lots of people develop into the sort of posters that we want to see.

Hint: if you really want to start becoming involved in this community, check out the 100,000 K thread. It's essentially a never-ending forum conversation, filled with spam, random thoughts, complaints, and other such things.

This forum is infinitely better than a Facebook page and, though I haven't used twitter, its emphasis on essentially posting distilled information/thoughts without context really annoys me; the model its built on and streamlined really is a microcosm for modern day media manipulation....but thats a rant for another time.

Even though I don't post here routinely (yet...I plan on going nuts after BoS is released) its just really cool to check in and see all these people who are passionate about Maiden discussing and dissecting all the different faccets of the band, among various other topics, without the narcissism that permeates other social media sites.

Intelligent discussion+good humour+open minds+Maiden=A pretty ideal place.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-through-the-out-door-back-in-top-10-20150809

The current US #1 album got there by selling 42,000 copies: the lowest weekly sales ever to be #1. Also (though not mentioned in the above link), the first platinum album of the year was just now awarded to Drake. That's right, it took over seven months before anyone sold a million physical units in the US this year.

The point: if Maiden can't get a US #1 album now, in this era of record-low sales, they never will. I'm getting just as itchy to see the Sept. 11 album chart as I am to hear the new album.

For a market that big it's kinda sad really. Does it count physical copies only or digital sales too?

@
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...-through-the-out-door-back-in-top-10-20150809

The current US #1 album got there by selling 42,000 copies: the lowest weekly sales ever to be #1. Also (though not mentioned in the above link), the first platinum album of the year was just now awarded to Drake. That's right, it took over seven months before anyone sold a million physical units in the US this year.

The point: if Maiden can't get a US #1 album now, in this era of record-low sales, they never will. I'm getting just as itchy to see the Sept. 11 album chart as I am to hear the new album.
That also depends on what other bands are selling new albums that week. If a really super popular artist like Bruno Mars or Lady Gaga has an album out the same week as TBOS, Maiden for sure won't hit #1. Because of that, chart positions are kind of pointless. I'm not too worried about it. Maiden already have an amazing following and I'm sure they're quite happy with it.

WHOA. WHO YOU CALLIN' OPEN MINDED?!

Whoops, meant THIS kind of open mind...art_eddie_rips_open_the_world.jpg

As far as Maiden chart position, it'd definitely be nice if they hit number one in the US, but I'm more interested in how many other countries they can hit the top spot on. I believe The Final Frontier debuted at no1 in 27 different countries. THAT is more impressive than top spot in the US, in my opinion.

As far as I've seen, Book of Souls is by far the biggest September 4 release. Not a lot of big releases in the weeks prior either. It'll probably be their first USA #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back