The Book of Souls: General album discussion

Is there anyone else here who has problems with the BOS album. I have listened to it over and over again but I can't get into it and I think the production, guitar solos, drums and bruce's voice sounds horrible.

I'm having similar thoughts.
Played the vinyl, which is silent, flat and tracks beautifully btw, and the guitars occasionally jumped out and stabbed my ears then went all quiet.
So I put the cd on and was better, though not 100%.

I preferred Frontier, far more adventurous. Empire doesn't seem too far out to me, substitute piano for guitar.
Shades of X Factor on the whole which isn't good imo.
Packaging is great.
I'm not giving up on it yet.

I can't understand how anyone can say its good or bad after a few listens.

Maiden aren't a pop band out for a catchy tune. Come back in a month then judge it.

And guys, all of you who didn't have the will and listened to the leak, imagine the following situation: you chased the cutest girl you've ever seen and dated her after 5 years of fruitless efforts. She gave you so strong signals for the last 2 months, that you are absolutely sure you'll have a fantastic affair with her. But a week prior to the date, you were mailed a package saying it contains the hottest A4 format naked pics of hers you've ever dreamt of. You did not resist and opened the package and indeed - there she was in the most inviting poses... And what you did was to :censored: for a whole week, while staring at her pics... Now the evening has come, she is even more glorious and fancy than you thought, you even make great sex with her later that night. But you are already emotionally tired and you think you've already known her and she's not that interesting to you...

I'm from México... I just received a notification that my order has been sent out today from Germany... It usually takes 10 days for my orders to arrive... Do you think I was going to wait other 10 days to listen to it? I'm sure I won't be emotionally tired since I love this album and I haven't tired of it at all, and once I put the record on my turntable it will be glorious...

I've come to terms with the fact that casual listeners won't like last 3 albums as much as die hard fans from this or other Maiden forums. Someone who doesn't care too much about Maiden won't take the time to get immersed into this album which, while great, is definitely not easy-listening material.

The solos on this album is a huge letdown. Its so dissapointing when you know they can do much better. The lack of some catchy riff is also lacking. Overrall im a bit dissapointed by this album, but my opinion can change with time. I like half of the album though.

The solos on this album is a huge letdown. Its so dissapointing when you know they can do much better. The lack of some catchy riff is also lacking. Overrall im a bit dissapointed by this album, but my opinion can change with time. I like half of the album though.
I find the riffing the exact opposite. I find this album to be the most juicy-riff-heavy of all of the reunion albums.

That being said, Maiden hasn't ever really been a "riffy" band, though. It's always been more about the melodies and harmonies with them.

Back