The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Probably using it because they have a bunch of shows in europe now right? They are probably using a bus.

Event shirt from the German show:
251714_10150261145411085_667751084_8893500_6365775_n.jpg
That's fuckin' sweet!

In reference to Big Eddie, in the latest IMTV episode Rod said something along the lines of "Eddie's coming out a bit early and will be revealed now instead of during the European shows" which seems to suggest that he'll be present for all of this leg of the tour.  :yey:

UpTheIrons said:
In reference to Big Eddie, in the latest IMTV episode Rod said something along the lines of "Eddie's coming out a bit early and will be revealed now instead of during the European shows" which seems to suggest that he'll be present for all of this leg of the tour.  :yey:

It would make sense to have him on this leg of the tour since it is a ground tour versus being limited to the plane's cargo hold .. also does not make sense to build that for 3 shows, even if they are being released as a DVD

I don't. That's an interesting find though. I'd PM the guy who uploaded that. If you don't have a youtube account I would be happy to do that for you.

Wow ! very nice quality !
I'd love to see the whole gig, even if I know that the recorded show will be out in a few months

Few months?

It took them year and a half to release DOTR. Tour ended in February 2004. DOTR came out in August 2005. Don't count on those few months.

Mosh said:
I don't. That's an interesting find though. I'd PM the guy who uploaded that. If you don't have a youtube account I would be happy to do that for you.

That's OK, I made an account, I"ll PM him. The only problem is, I don't think he speaks English.

Well if you do get a reply, be sure to give us an update on it.

Zare said:
Few months?

It took them year and a half to release DOTR. Tour ended in February 2004. DOTR came out in August 2005. Don't count on those few months.

You're right, but... it was a bigger show than this, and, Steve said that the show will be recorded by the same crew who recorded Flight 666, so... I hope we'll have thee gig in one year.
But it's obviously a poor gig than DOTR :)

He doesn't have it. He just said it was a demo or something like that. Oh well, were just gonna have to wait for the official stuff <_<

Everything apart from the first song on the first link looks and sounds like crap.

If anyone is interested, I think I can get the setlist together from memory. (Berlin, June 3)

Satellite 15 (show intro, very cool!)
The Final Frontier
El Dorado
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Talisman
Dance Of Death
The Evil That Men Do
Coming Home
The Trooper
Where The Wild Wind Blows
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden (goodnight)
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Might have screwed up a little with the order in the middle, but the songs are definitely those.

I have to say this concert was a little different from what I expected,
with less classics (would have *loved* to hear Sign Of The Cross and some more 80s stuff), and my favourites from TFF were missing (Starblind and Isle Of Avalon). But good selection of new and recent songs though, and since these are pretty long, not much room for a lot of classics,
and it was still a two-hour set. So I guess it's fine :bigsmile:

And I was amazed by the intro! Yes it was a little too long for a live intro (full album length), but the way they did it and how it set the mood for the show... just like I wanted it to be! And I didn't expect them to do it, but they did! :yey:

Fantastic video (best amateur recording of the tour, or at least of this song??) of Yesterday's

8 June 2011
Arnhem, Holland

Stunning quality.

Back