The 2011 Tour Thread! (SPOILERS)

Is everything about the tour exactly the way you want it?

• Yes

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • I'm not sure what I want

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
Whah?  :eek:
no big eddie? what have they got instead (if anything) isnt that the only real reason to play iron maiden  :innocent:
that so far sounds like the first disappointment of this tour... a fairly sizable one at that  XD

phew,i was getting panicy
erm...
was that refering to a big eddie a'la world slavery
well that puts me straight thanks knife

there is only one eddie and it is the same one as used in the 2010 leg. They would never do a show without eddie let alone a tour.

yeah thats why the  :down: unspoilered post :down:
startled me, my entire belief system collapsed before my eyes. ive promised myself i wont watch the videos but instead i just read all the spoilers,i have too little self control  ::)

jonnytron said:
phew,i was getting panicy
erm...
was that refering to a big eddie a'la world slavery
well that puts me straight thanks knife

If i don't remember wrong
there was no big eddie in the beginning of somwhere back  in time tour but later they had one on the same tour

Talisman said:
If i don't remember wrong
there was no big eddie in the beginning of somwhere back  in time tour but later they had one on the same tour
That is cos they had Ed Force One. A Big Eddie wouldn't fit. I think the era of big eddies is over for maiden

The Knife Master said:
That is cos they had Ed Force One. A Big Eddie wouldn't fit. I think the era of big eddies is over for maiden

Not so sure, I think for more traditional tours, ala Dance of Death we may see a big Eddie again

how is this not a traditional tour. I don't see it as any different than DOD

Sorry for the Spoiler!

i think its very sad that iron maiden are not going to have a big eddie anymore,or in the next shows,it was sad to see flight 666 without big eddie,but in europe the had it,so.....lets hope.But if in europe the dont have it......whale oil beef hooked :(

Remember that when they come to Europe, they'll probably be driving some of the stage props around in trailers, since distances are a bit shorter than on this "Around the world in 66 days"-leg of the tour ... Ed Force One will still be used, but if they want to bring some equipment they can't fit inside the plane, they'll just send it by road.

A thought I had last night, why is everyone so surprised that
they didn't play Mother Russia in Moscow? Was it their first time there? And as far as I know they only played it a few times.

Maybe I was being delusional but I remember some people expecting it. I know people on blabbermouth did. 

Probably the same people who expected Transylvania being played in Transylvania or Maiden altering their setlist during a tour.

Ranko said:
Probably the same people who expected Transylvania being played in Transylvania or Maiden altering their setlist during a tour.
I expected Transylvania. I don't think it was as far fetched as
mother Russia, though. Cos Transylvania has been played plenty of times and Maiden made it sound like they were going to play it.
And they did alter the set in 2010; remember Paschendale Dance of Death and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns?

Yeah, but eventually they settled for DOD, it was more because of trying out what would work better for them. I don't consider that to be real setlist changing, like Dream Theater for example.

Well I don't think anyone was expecting that kind of change.

Back