TH1RT3EN

It's all the members of Metallica. It's Metallica.

Nice. I'd do that too, but I don't know enough people who are even aware that LuLu exists. Nobody would get the reference.

There is this HUGE Metallica fanatic at my school who thinks Lulu is quite interesting, it's something different he says. I'd probably like it too, if Lou Reed wasn't in it.

I think LuLu is interesting too. I still don't like it, but it's interesting, and something different. They decided to try what Metallica's music would sound like with Lou Reed's vocals/spoken word/whatever you want to call it and it might not have come out that good, but they still tried, and I can respect them for that.

Yeah, but Trujillo has been hinting a lot at possibly recording a new album, so fairly excited to see how that turns out.

Yea they're in the studio now I think. I'm a bit excited too, Death Magnetic was a step in the right direction. They get things going quickly because apparently James Hetfield has thousands of riffs ready to be made into songs.

Yeah I really liked Death Magnetic it returned to the style shown throughout Load(which I really liked).

.....So, TH1RT3EN. Are there really any truly awesome tracks on it that stand out? I've been meaning to pick it up but I never got around to it.

Just listen to the whole thing. It's awesome, better than Endgame I think. Public Enemy No 1 was good, as was Sudden Death. I also enjoyed the closing 13 and Whose Life (Is it anyway?)

Mosh said:
It's all the members of Metallica. It's Metallica.

What kind of a sick logic is that ? Then if all members of Maiden go into a band's album and just burp on a song for 2 seconds, it's an Iron Maiden album ?  :innocent: It's more of a Lou Reed album for me, because it's simply "avant-garde metal" except for one track which is thrash metal. It's a collaboration, if it was a Metallica album, it would kick Megadeth's album sales' ass, for sure. Metallica is much bigger than Megadeth, not better, but much bigger.

Also, I like Lulu better than St. Anger, St. Anger is just a piece of shit. I'd rather listen to a calm record than a shitty, noisy, worthless record. And at least, Lulu means something. (not the word, the album :D)

I think it's the first time I used pretty harsh language on a post :bigsmile: Death Magnetic was a huge stepforward, I'm really excited about the new release.

The Flash said:
What kind of a sick logic is that ? Then if all members of Maiden go into a band's album and just burp on a song for 2 seconds, it's an Iron Maiden album ?
Of course not. But Lulu is Metallica, and it's Lou Reed. It's both.

Vap said:
Of course not. But Lulu is Metallica, and it's Lou Reed. It's both.

For me, it's not a Metallica album. Sure, Metallica is one of the two parts of this album, but this album can't be considered as a Metallica album in my case. It's a Metallica & Lou Reed album, that's it.

Back