TH1RT3EN

Seems like there isn 't much 'Deth fans here. Couldn 't see the updates about the new album.
First of all, there is a countdown which they put all of the Megadeth album covers per day with counting backwards from 13, which 4 days left. And it 's pretty exciting, I 'm guessing that they will release the album cover or tour dates.
Anyway, the names of the songs that we know :
"Never Dead"
"Public Enemy No. 1"
"Sudden Death"
"Thirteen"
"We The People"
"Whose Life is This Anyways?"
"Drugs Guns & Money"

And it 's realase date is 1st November 2011.

I 'm really excited about it that I'm a huge Megadeth fan. So, thoughts ?

Big Megadeth fan here. I'm not a big fan of the new album title to be honest (actually scratch that, I think the title sucks) but hopefully the music will be good. I wasn't all that impressed by 'Endgame' but then again Megadave never gave me any reason to get used to it because he didn't tour the UK with it. I expect him to make up for that by following in Iron Maiden's footsteps and doing two dates in Scotland. :p

Their 21st century output has been...good. Not maniacally awesome and competing-for-best-work-ever like Maiden's, but good. Far better than mid-late '90s. Its just that it lacks great solos. Friedman was top-class, Pitrelli - I liked him also, very melodic. Glen Drover failed to impress me in every possible way, and Broderick is just another technically-perfect unrecognizable metal shredder.

I like some of the 00's stuff(The World Needs a Hero mainly) but I've got high hopes for this one.

Dityn DJ James said:
I like some of the 00's stuff(The World Needs a Hero mainly) but I've got high hopes for this one.
Same here man. Also big props to Megadeth for only waiting 2 years to put out a new album. I'm sick of waiting, I want the new album NOW!  :edmetal:

I think 'United Abominations' is a great album, well half of it anyway. The good half is up there with Megadeth's best in my opinion.

I like all the 00s stuff with The System Has Failed being my favourite.I'd love to see Friedman coming back but until that happens I'd like to see Broderick soloing the way he does in Sudden Death where he doesn't just try and play as fast as possible and tries some more well-thought stuff, unlike Endgame.Which is a great album and The Right to Go Insane has a really cool video.

Murder89 said:
TSHF TRTGI

Guys... official warning: Go easy on acronyms. Does it really take that much effort to type out an album or song title?

You're right.I just didn't pay much attention, guess it comes naturally to use them in a discussion among fans.I''ll fix it.

Megadeth is my third favorite band. Their only weak albums IMO are So Far, So Good...So What! (yeah, I know it's a blasphemy, I tried to like it, but I can't) and Risk (that's even worse than St. Anger).

I really liked 44 Minutes and The Right To Go Insane from Endgame.

Black Wizard said:
Big Megadeth fan here. I'm not a big fan of the new album title to be honest (actually scratch that, I think the title sucks) but hopefully the music will be good. I wasn't all that impressed by 'Endgame' but then again Megadave never gave me any reason to get used to it because he didn't tour the UK with it. I expect him to make up for that by following in Iron Maiden's footsteps and doing two dates in Scotland. :p

Yeah, when we first heard of the album title, I have seen a lot of people who had problems with it. They say, "At least it could be 'Thirteen'." But I don 't get it, I think it 's pretty good for an album name, and plus it 's TH1RT3EN because you can see 13 in the title too. And as Mustaine said, 13 is a special number for him, though I was expecting a band name titled album anymore, but I liked this one too. And about tour dates, I 'm really really hoping they to come here, Turkey, too.

Perun said:
Guys... official warning: Go easy on acronyms. Does it really take that much effort to type out an album or song title?

Well this is normal. We all talk like that, specially if you 're writing those words everyday.  -_- Really long titled albums...  :innocent:

Night Prowler said:
Megadeth is my third favorite band. Their only weak albums IMO are So Far, So Good...So What! (yeah, I know it's a blasphemy, I tried to like it, but I can't) and Risk (that's even worse than St. Anger).

I really liked 44 Minutes and The Right To Go Insane from Endgame.

And to you, sir :  :blink:
First of all, SFSGSW is the most deep, great, perfect, awesome and more than awesome album of history. My best era is with Marty though (he 's God), but it 's still such awesomeness. And really don 't agree with Risk, I know, a lot of (even die hard Megadeth fans) say that it sucks (which my opinion isn 't even near to that), it 's not really worse than St. Anger. I sometimes listen a few songs from St. Anger, but usually, the drums make me really sick. And as a both die hard Deth and Metallica fan, I love risk, at least Wanderlust, Breadline, Ecstasy and Seven are great songs (gotta admit, Insomnia is... weird...) and even if I don 't like it, I don 't really believe that it 's worser than St. Anger.
Ah and, 44 Minutes and Right To Go Insane :  :shred: :notworthy:

Insomnia and Prince of Darkness are awesome songs.I don't consider Risk to be a bad album.It does sound different than anything Megadeth have done but I certainly wouldn't have it in the same league with St.Anger.
I'm gonna give a listen to a selection of songs off that record after a long time.  :D

As for the new album title, if the music is good I can get over it.

Journeyman666 said:
Well this is normal. We all talk like that, specially if you 're writing those words everyday.  -_- Really long titled albums...  :innocent:

That wasn't a suggestion. It was a warning. Please read the forum rules, where it is stated that,

Unless otherwise stated, the language of the forums is English.  Posters are expected to write messages that conform to English grammar to the best of their ability.

Got it?

Murder89 said:
As for the new album title, if the music is good I can get over it.
This I agree with. I can also get over bad artwork if the music is good enough. At the end of the day the music is what's important, not the album title or artwork.

Murder89 said:
It does sound different than anything Megadeth have done but I certainly wouldn't have it in the same league with St.Anger.
I agree, 'cause St. Anger is much better (but still awful). Risk was a sellout, pop-rock album with ridiculous lyrics, horrible production and horrible musicianship. Dave Mustaine only wanted to get the No. 1 spot on the charts and decided to make pop music but failed miserably. St. Anger was at least heavy and non-commercial.

It's strange because I hear no pop in there.On the other hand I can't see what's so bad about pop music or the so-called ''commercial'' music.The world is filled with ''such'' music better than St.Anger(which is not an accomplishment but anyway..).

So calling it pop/rock doesn't really mean something bad for me (even though it's not pop).Risk has a few really nice moments while St.Anger is an abomination regardless of the music genre.Commercial or not I don't care, I''ll leave this to the 'true' metal fans.  :innocent:

I have no problem with pop/commerical music (though I'm not a big fan), but I really hate when a metal band changes its style completely to make commerical success/money. That's what Megadeth did, and failed.

Back