TH1RT3EN

It was both a critical and commercial (didn't reach No. 1 charts spot that Dave wanted so much) failure.

You know, I wish Risk had been a no. 1 hit.  As long as Dave doesn't get a no. 1 album/single, he'll keep trying half-heartedly to make a few poppy songs.  See: Coming Home, 1000 Times Goodbye, Die Dead Enough, the remake of À Tout le Monde, Bodies, The Hardest Part of Letting Go, etc.  If Risk had gone to no. 1, maybe Dave would have realised the error of his ways and gone back to what he does best: play/write thrash metal.

I enjoy the fact there's always a song like that in each album.It's like a surprise while it doesn't look completely out of place compared to the other heavy songs of the album - besides there are heavier parts on these songs too.
Hardest Part of Letting go is one of my favourites off Endgame.The acoustic intro and the lyrical theme might be a bit unusual for Megadeth but still it doesn't spoil the fun.Besides it's nowhere near a typical love song.

''Go to sleep my love and taste my sweet revenge on your lips sealed with a kiss''. It's clearly Dave Mustaine - Megadeth to me.  :D

Forostar said:
Really? I love his work in Eidolon, esp. his riffs:
E.g. The Pentacle Star -> http://youtu.be/u2rjwM8v56M  
3:50 ->

:notworthy:

Quite nice. He's clearly a good guitar player, but his work in Megadeth is unimpressive. I think he doesn't have a certain edge that Friedman and Pitrelli had.

41_545x661shkl.jpg

Is she smelling a turd, Zare?

Perun, examples of acronyms are NATO and UNICEF.
TSHF & TRTGI (whatever they stand for; I didn't really read) are initialisms.
The test is whether they are pronounced as a new word.
AMoLaD might be an acronym; BNW is not.

Just being a pedant.
;) :p

Those songtitles already appeared before!
Millenium Of The Blind, New World Order - bonuses for remastered edition of Youthanasia
Black Swan - bonus for United Abominations
Sudden Death - song made for Guitar Hero

Then there are probably a lot of people who still haven't heard them, including myself. So, they'll be new to many, again including myself. :)

But what's the point of putting them on the new album? EP, best-of, rarities compilation - OK, but this is stupid. Are those some re-recordings or what?

Night Prowler said:
But what's the point of putting them on the new album? EP, best-of, rarities compilation - OK, but this is stupid. Are those some re-recordings or what?
I agree, it's a bizarre thing to do. It would have made more sense for them to put them on a bonus disc or release them with some sort of box set. I've never heard 'Sudden Death' before though so at least I've got that to look forward to.

Back