10. The Man Of Sorrows
11. The Book Of Souls
12. Fear Of The Dark
13. Iron Maiden
-
14. Empire Of The Clouds
15. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
Heaven Can Wait and Dream of Mirrors in one show? If only...

Made some minor changes. Added a song from the Dance of Death album since I know a lot of people want to see that revisited. Right now I think it has a good flow of all the new songs, some good reunion songs, and some classics. Thoughts?

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. These Colors Don't Run
5. Coming Home
6. The Trooper
7. Death or Glory
8. Blood Brothers
9. Tears of a Clown
10. No More Lies
11. The Book of Souls
12. Heaven Can Wait
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---------------------
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Sanctuary

If they don't play "No More Lies", I can also see them revisiting the song, "Rainmaker", it's a shorter song but I think it still fits the vibe they might be going for. It's also a little forgiving on Bruce's vocals.

I think it'd be nice if they switch out some of the new songs for the 2nd leg of the tour. (Assuming, of course, that there will be a 2nd leg.) That way more of the album in total will be able to be played live, while still having plenty of room in the set for the staples. Maybe something like swapping Death Or Glory and Shadows Of The Valley on the 1st leg with Tears Of A Clown and The Great Unknown for the 2nd leg.

I think it'd be nice if they switch out some of the new songs for the 2nd leg of the tour. (Assuming, of course, that there will be a 2nd leg.) That way more of the album in total will be able to be played live, while still having plenty of room in the set for the staples. Maybe something like swapping Death Or Glory and Shadows Of The Valley on the 1st leg with Tears Of A Clown and The Great Unknown for the 2nd leg.

I can see them doing that. After all they have been doing that in the past. It seems like the first Leg of the tour is mainly the more modern Reunion song setlists and then the 2nd Leg is the more Classic friendly one. I also remember when they played "Out of the Silent Planet" and "The Fallen Angel" during the last part of the Brave New World Tour. So I can see them doing a similar thing here. After all, members of the band are saying that The Book of Souls is their best album (and apparently the mean that), so I'm sure they're gonna want to play as many off it as possible.

I honestly can't imagine a nearly 10 minute non-classic or non-new tune making the set list for this tour. I'd prefer they fill that time with something else.

They do something like that every tour pretty much. There's always a surprise in there. Maiden England had Afraid to Shoot Strangers, which hadn't been played since the 90s, SBIT had Moonchild, TFF had the 00's focused setlist, AMOLAD had the whole album + Children of the Damned on the 2nd leg. Early Days had a ton of unexpected tunes.

Flight of Icarus makes sense, if they can agree on a tempo. :p I doubt it'll be an epic length song, even though something like TTAL would be pretty cool. Maybe they'll try Infinite Dreams again? I could see them going for something off SIT, like Sea of Madness maybe. If they're gonna reference it on new albums they might as well do it live. :D

Either way, I'm gonna guess it's going to be an 80s song that didn't get played on any of the history tours.

They do something like that every tour pretty much. There's always a surprise in there. Maiden England had Afraid to Shoot Strangers, which hadn't been played since the 90s, SBIT had Moonchild, TFF had the 00's focused setlist, AMOLAD had the whole album + Children of the Damned on the 2nd leg. Early Days had a ton of unexpected tunes.

Flight of Icarus makes sense, if they can agree on a tempo. :p I doubt it'll be an epic length song, even though something like TTAL would be pretty cool. Maybe they'll try Infinite Dreams again? I could see them going for something off SIT, like Sea of Madness maybe. If they're gonna reference it on new albums they might as well do it live. :D

Either way, I'm gonna guess it's going to be an 80s song that didn't get played on any of the history tours.
I can see Icarus. If they did anything from SiT it would probably be SiaSL.

I don't think they'll ever do SiaSL again. Seems like they didn't think it worked very well live last time.

They only quit playing it because Adrian had to leave for a few shows for his fathers funeral on the Ed Hunter tour. Janick couldn't learn the solo in time so they just dropped it from the set. Then they never bothered to put it back in the set. I think it will do well live.

they dropped it because they thought the setlist was better without it.

I could really swear it will be Flight of Icarus which would be awesome.

Or my Wildcard Deja Vu.

Dunno which Tour, but they've rehearsed it at least. Wasn't THAT long ago

they dropped it because they thought the setlist was better without it.
Could be, but Adrian definitely had something to do with it. They stopped playing it after he left for a few days.

I could really swear it will be Flight of Icarus which would be awesome.

Or my Wildcard Deja Vu.

Dunno which Tour, but they've rehearsed it at least. Wasn't THAT long ago
Deja Vu would be cool, but it's never been played live, ATG has a better chance then it.

I sure hope they bring back Killers.

You are both right, they stopped it because janick couldn't learn the solo in time and after Adrian returned, the thought Killers works better within the set.

Too bad, would have love to catch stranger on this tour

Also, they've rehearsed Deja Vu pre SbiT tour

I know they dropped SIASL because Adrian left, but the fact that they didn't bother bringing it back when he rejoined doesn't speak highly of their thoughts on it as a live track.

Source on Deja Vu? That'd be very interesting if true!

Back