Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unlikely because the timing of the TFF album/tour really worked in their favor. I expect them to more or less do the same thing this time.

I thought the timing sucked actually ... I'd rather have the album out ahead of the tour.

I meant more in terms of sales and promotion. I agree that it kinda sucked that we only got one song from the new album. Although I think the 2010 setlist was way better than the 2011 one.

I meant more in terms of sales and promotion. I agree that it kinda sucked that we only got one song from the new album. Although I think the 2010 setlist was way better than the 2011 one.
True ... I caught the first show in Dallas with BTATS in the setlist. it was a great setlist, but I would have liked to have seen some TFF songs beyond El Dorado.

In a perfect world (for me) they will come out with the new album and (at least in the US) play a lot of the new album and some TFF songs

In a perfect world (for me) they will come out with the new album and (at least in the US) play a lot of the new album and some TFF songs

Yup same here. I suppose we'll probably get Coming Home.

I wonder If we'll see a slight repeat of the 'Give Me Ed... 'Til I'm Dead' tour. Think about it, Iron Maiden tours briefly (covers stuff from the 90's?) and previews a few new tracks. Then boom, studio release at the end of 2015/early 2016.

I know it's not realistic but I hope the album comes out before the USA tour. I'll want to see the new songs live and I have a feeling the album tour will be my only chance for that.
TFF was recorded Jan-Feb and released late August 2010. Since the new album was recorded Sept-Dec of last year, if this late summer/fall tour pans out I'd be extremely surprised if the album isn't out by then. By the time the tour starts it'll be approaching one year since recording started, which would be a huuuuge gap for Maiden, going by their past history.

The release of an album usually has very little to do with when it gets finished though. TFF could've been released before the summer tour but they didn't because they wanted to build hype for it. I imagine it'll be the same with this album.

I'd hope for Talisman, that looks like it went over the best of the TFF songs live

My guess would be El Dorado and Coming Home. Talisman is a bit more of an epic, and I'm guessing there'll be plenty of epics on the new album to choose from.

TFF was recorded Jan-Feb and released late August 2010. Since the new album was recorded Sept-Dec of last year, if this late summer/fall tour pans out I'd be extremely surprised if the album isn't out by then. By the time the tour starts it'll be approaching one year since recording started, which would be a huuuuge gap for Maiden, going by their past history.

Out of interest, Lego, do you actually know stuff somehow via the music industry? You've been spot on about things before, which makes me wonder if your sources are something other than fan gossip.

Out of interest, Lego, do you actually know stuff somehow via the music industry? You've been spot on about things before, which makes me wonder if your sources are something other than fan gossip.
I've got some acquaintances in the music industry, and am also involved myself (though on a far smaller level than Iron Maiden!) however, my post above was based purely on my comparing the timeline of recording and release for previous albums to the new one. Obviously with the news about Bruce this morning I think we're all aware that any semblance of a "normal" release and touring schedule is now out the window, and with very good reason.

According to Iron maiden's facebook page, Bruce has cancer on his tongue. They said he should recover by May but it will be a few months more before he is back in physical shape again so a tour may be put on hold.

We'll hear no news about album plans in a while, I'd guess. They'll let Bruce focus on recovering, and if the album is recorded and sit waiting for relase, they'll release when they know if the can continue or not.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-iron-maiden-album-is-ready-to-go-says-drummer-nicko-mcbrain/

IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain was interviewed earlier this week in the studios of the 98.7 The Gater radio station in West Palm Beach, Florida. Asked for a health update on IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson, who recently underwent a seven-week course of chemotherapy and radiology to treat a small cancerous tumor at the back of his tongue, Nicko said (see video below): "We were all blown away when we heard the news. But the great thing is [Bruce is] in great hands back home in England, not only with his family, but his oncologists and all the people that are working with him. They were all very positive, as Bruce has been, through the whole thing."

He continued: "Obviously, it's a blow for everybody to hear the news. Last week, the official announcement was made, after he finished his treatment. And all of that treatment went exceedingly well. And from not having spoken to Bruce for a couple of weeks, but talking to our manager, he was in amazing spirits, considering the brutality of the radiology, and he had three chemo sessions. So it's been pretty hard, as you can imagine. And he's apparently doing very well. He was in the office Wednesday last week, and apparently he went out. He goes down the pub… although he can't taste his beer. He said, 'At least I know it's a Trooper [IRON MAIDEN's official beer]. I've got the bottle in my hand.' [Laughs] I said, 'Does it still work?' 'Oh yeah!' [Laughs]"

McBrain added: "So, just to let everybody know, from what we can gather, he's really in great hands, and he's doing extremely well. So we expect him to have a full recovery in the next couple of months. And then, watch this space, really. We have made an album. The album was ready to go this year… and it still is. When I was 'was,' we were planning on going out and doing some work around the album, which now, we're all just holding on, and once Bruce is up and running, hopefully in the next couple of months, we'll… You never know when this might happen. You just never know, do you? [Laughs]"

IRON MAIDEN has yet to make an official announcement about a new studio album, but the band's members have reportedly been spotted in Paris, France in recent months, along with their longtime producer, Kevin Shirley, who is said to have helmed the new effort.

MAIDEN's 15th studio album, "The Final Frontier", sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4. The CD featured 10 tracks that had an average running time of seven minutes and 40 seconds, with the shortest song, "The Alchemist", clocking in at four minutes and 29 seconds, and the longest, "When The Wild Wind Blows", lasting ten minutes and 59 seconds.

IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at No. 9. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World", which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart.

"The Final Frontier" was IRON MAIDEN's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back