Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Maiden sounding. I agree that it sounds like Bruce in the high register but there are some very iffy notes in his lower registers. Good imitation though! Sounds like Fear of the Dark meets Brave New World.

Well cool, will have to check that album out to hold me over for the real Maiden. :D

It's Bruce, no question. However I don't think it's a song from the new Maiden album. A song from a new Bruce Dickinson album, maybe?
Could be but i doubt it as Bruce seems to be busy with maiden at the moment. its more likely its a new tune by Iron Maiden. However, your guess is just as good as mine...we don't know for sure:) just speculating

OK, let's talk guitar solo. You can usually tells who plays a solo in Maiden. Who is that? Clearly not Dave or Janick. Does that sound like H to anyone? It's possible but a stretch.

I don't buy the sloppy drum fill at 3:49. Nicko's been playing fills like that for decades and wouldn't do that.

Final nail in the coffin for now: if Maiden's been in a studio with Shirley, why does their demo sound like it's made in a basement? They have the technology. There's no reason to sound like this.

Wow, did you find it just now or you heard of it before? Great job anyway :D

Hunting and deduction. Never heard it before. Something was clearly off as the file was uploaded in September of 2014. Searched around, found some posts on Facebook claiming it was a fake that eventually lead me to a band name. Searched for that band name associated with the title, and voila, found a song with a similar title.

Here's another song by the band, the guy clearly sounds a lot like Bruce but this track shows him sounding quite like Geoff Tate as well.

The chorus even starts with the words "the final frontier...". The YouTube description says, "In a nutshell: This disc is the holy grail for all those who had been very disappointed by "The Final Frontier" and "A Matter Of Life And Death"." :p

And apparently, Paul Di'Anno guests on this album...? Don't know how we didn't hear of them before.

This is probably the best Bruce impression i´ve heard but now I'm wondering why would you aim to sound EXACTLY like Bruce. After a few listen to this band I'm just face palming. Would prefer if they tried to go in their own direction instead of just "ripping" of Maiden. Oh well, they tricked me:)

Yup sounds like Tate meets Dickinson. Very unoriginal but the music is pretty good.

And...the full album:

Paul Di'Anno guests on the title track, which is Track 2. Probably the closest we'll ever get to a Bruce/Paul duet.

City of the Golden Gates is the most impressive track. The more I hear, the more flaws I hear (especially in the vocals, but also the music). It really couldn't be more of a ripoff if they tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back