Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happened in most cities on that tour, according to interviews I've heard. No one could follow Metallica back then.
Metallica was on a whole other level back then. I saw then open for Ozzy on the Puppets tour and they just blew him off the stage. They had a massive amount of energy back then and a unique (at the time) sound. I recall Dokken's time being used as a piss and beer break .. nothing against them as I like them, but they were in a bad spot having to follow Metallica.

A few years back, somebody posted YouTube videos of a Brazilian Bruce Dickinson cover band, and that guy sounded exactly like Bruce.

I can understand why you would think it's Bruce at the start of the song, but once he gets to the high notes, it's very, very different, style-wise.

I didn't. I meant I went on for several posts showing why it wasn't Maiden, missing that the actual band had been found. :D

Yeah, Machine Men are a Bruce solo knockoff. A good one, but you can tell where they went to school.

And here's the guy I spoke of:

This guy is closer to Bruce than Bruce himself sometimes. Except for the accent.

Maybe yeah....I just remember that particular band as being the next "Bruce Dickinson" but then when you think about it...the name "Bruce Dickinson" WAS a band by then...so a sound perhaps?

Yeah, Machine Men are a Bruce solo knockoff. A good one, but you can tell where they went to school.

And here's the guy I spoke of:

This guy is closer to Bruce than Bruce himself sometimes. Except for the accent.

That's what I call a soundalike. His accent isn't really that bad either. The backing vocals are crap though - they should try and find an Adrian Smith soundalike, too.

I am now listening to the Sacred City thing and thinking people who have listened to Maiden a lot can not be fooled by this. His pronunciation is just different.

And regarding Maiden sound-alikes - I really fancy Aria, the Russian old heavy metal wonder.

Too bad they had to name themselves after the worst possible Bruce song. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back