Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has more to their with their status than their work outputs. Beatles were crazy big. There's a reason Lennon claimed they were bigger than Jesus at some point. They got sick of it, understandably so.
Other times, man... Everything was different.

So, we're generally expecting that the next Maiden album will come out around the 5-year anniversary of TFF. While looking at some Beatles information, I realized that most of their career as worldwide stars actively making music fits in five years. That span covers Ed Sullivan through the Yellow Submarine movie. The Beatles released ten official albums in that time. Damn, Maiden be lazy and all... :innocent:
But look at how long Metallica has waited between albums. In fact, they were one of the first bands who releases new material on a regular basis to put long waits between albums. They started with waiting 5 years between The Black Album and Load. Rush has also put 5 year waits between their last 2 albums. And look at AC/DC. These long waits do suck, but look at all the extra touring these bands do. Well, not AC/DC, but Rush and Maiden for sure.

I agree that the extensive touring is a good reason for delayed album. Much better than Metallica or Tool who jerk their fans around teasing a new album and then not releasing one.

The Maiden and Rush tours have kept me sain this past decade. And 2015 promises both . Very great times Ahead!!

I agree that the extensive touring is a good reason for delayed album. Much better than Metallica or Tool who jerk their fans around teasing a new album and then not releasing one.

That is true for Maiden and Rush. On the other hand, Metallica takes their time between albums, and only does a handful of gigs every year, almost always in Europe. This is quite different from the road warriors of the 80's and 90's who would be on tour for almost every year. On the other hand, when they put out an album, they are on the road for at least a year and a half to two years. Plus, I imagine that the choice to not tour as extensively as they did in the past is due to the band ensuring they don't drive each other crazy and break up, like they came very close to doing in the early 2000's, as covered by the Some Kind of Monster documentary.

I'll probably give this link again as we get close to the album release date, but it's nice to check for other albums as well. And don't worry. It's completely legal.

http://hasitleaked.com/
Has it Leaked doesn’t provide, share or link to any copyrighted files, leaks or file sharing sites. Nor do we allow our community to share files or links to piracy sites.

Here's an enigmatic post on Maiden's Facebook page:

Eddie’s back home after his trip to the annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas last week.

We’re delighted to be partnering with award-winning electronics company Onkyo in the creation of ‘Maiden Audio’ and full details will be revealed soon.

In the meantime, check out maidenaudio.com for a selection of pics from the event, and to see why Time.com declared us the 2nd best prop(!) at CES (only losing out the #1 slot to industry giant Canon with their Canon-baller).

The Onkyo thing will be interesting, I have had their receivers for the past 15 years. Good stuff for the price they sell at.

Maybe a new live rig, after all the flak they got lately for their live sound?

I doubt it, because the were at the Consumer Electronics Show .. generally anyone going there is selling stuff to the general public (though they generally announce exactly what it is too)

Hmm... so I joined their mailing list just to see what happens.

Me too ... If it is some hardware, I am glad they went with Onkyo, they make really good stuff for the price.

I think we should all go out and get the new album ASAP when it is released so Maiden can top the charts again! I'm tired of the charts being full of crap. :facepalm: Let's get Maiden up there again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back