Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember, TFF was mixed while the band was on tour in North America. If it's true that Shirley is working on it already, maybe they're gearing for an early release after all. That said, my money is still on a something similar to TFF, which means we won't see any solid announcement until March or so.

Nuno, let me cut through the sarcasm and negativity for a moment, and attempt an answer, one excited maiden fan to another: I believe a tour announcement will come first, with a side of album release "coming soon". My guess is later this month we'll get a tour schedule, with a single popping up around early spring, and finding it's way into the setlist. Album release probably by the summer. All educated conjecture of course. Up the irons brother!!
Thank you! Although i think the album will be released before summer. The summer will be a huge tour opportunity, so i think not only because of that but also because of the fact that the album is already being mixed, it will be released before that. I still wonder though why is it all being so kept as a secret. Maybe as an opposition to all this internet age promotion associated with modern albums, i guess...

I just hope that when they do get back on the road, the setlist is more along the lines of the first leg of TFF tour in 2010, focusing only on 2000 onwards (and maybe some Blaze material thrown in). I'd do anything to hear BTATS live!

It would be nice, considering they've spent three years playing exclusively 80's material.

Honestly I don't mind the compromise. Realistically we're never going to see any Blaze songs in the set again and ATSS is the only other 90s song I was itching to see live. I like No Prayer but there's nothing there I'd care to see live, so throwing in two Fear songs instead of a full blown 90s focused tour is fine by me.

I would like a NPFTD/FOTD/TXF/VXI tour actually. Lots of variety and greatness to have. They could resurrect The Clansman, Sign of the Cross, Be Quick or Be Dead, Fates Warning, Mother Russia, keep playing Fear of the Dark (like they wouldn't), maybe throw Wasting Love in there and possibly Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter. Could be a good tour in all honesty

Considering that the band feel playing two songs from an album justifies it to be a history tour, Maiden England was a Fear of the Dark history tour too

I'll never forgive the band for avoiding Somewhere in Time songs like the plague. I realize it's hard to create the same atmosphere, but come on.

Never forgiving goes far, but avoiding like the plague is accurate and humorous at the same time. Sigged.

Honestly I don't mind the compromise. Realistically we're never going to see any Blaze songs in the set again and ATSS is the only other 90s song I was itching to see live. I like No Prayer but there's nothing there I'd care to see live, so throwing in two Fear songs instead of a full blown 90s focused tour is fine by me.

Some of the songs from The X Factor are too dark and slow to fit in the atmosphere of a regular Maiden set, and the other 90s albums don't really have that many great songs each, but there's enough quality there to do a tour where at least half the songs are from the 90s. A typical Maiden show has around 16 songs. Take for example the title track and one other song from No Prayer; Be Quick, ATSS, and the title track from FOTD; Sign of the Cross and Lord of the Flies from The X Factor, and Futureal and The Clansman from Virtual XI. All the mentioned Blaze songs have been performed after Bruce returned, and there you go, half a setlist.

A short tour with such a setlist would have been cool.

Even though Maiden is somewhat predictable, you never know what surprises they'll throw in either. I never would have thought in a million years they would have dropped Hallowed and replaced it with what was most likely ATSS. Especially on an 80's history type tour. I'm willing to bet that at some time, they'll do at least 1 or 2 more 90's songs that they haven't done since those tours and for Blaze era songs, a song or 2 that has already been done with Bruce.

Do you guys know if the Fan club magazines are usually delivered before a specific month starts or if they are delivered after?

That way we could have an idea of when we can probably get details on the new album...:dancinggeek:

Honestly, it's a bit random...

Also I really doubt that the FC mag would be the first place they would reveal the details. It's more likely that they'll just make a Facebook post or make a big post on the homepage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back