Steve Harris

That's because she doesn't ask him the same bloody questions that every journalists have been ask him trough all this 40 years of career.
I suppose that she couldn't ask him about the new Maiden studio album. But she made a good point respect him because he's doing promotion with other band and it's different stuff you know.

Steve: British Lion band keeps me from writing long songs...

In a recent interview, he named his 6 favorite Maiden's bass lines:
1.Phantom Of The Opera
2.Innocent Exile
3.Run To The Hills
4.Where Eagles Dare
5.To Tame A Land
6.The Red And The Black

Edit: It surprised me that Steve doesn't mention ''The Clairvoyant'' as a favorite bass line.

Last edited:
Giving the album a spin now. First track in and the production is great, definitely the best Steve has done.

Vocals are a lot higher in the mix than the first album, I realised he sings a lot like Bono. The bass is also mixed at the level of a normal Harris sound not dominating like the last album

Steve: British Lion band keeps me from writing long songs...
Let's hire them for Maiden too. "Steve: You can have only three songs longer than five minutes on each album, and only one of those can be longer than 8 minutes." Please Dear God let that happen. I know, I know, people like the "epics," but a guideline like that would make the albums SOOO much stronger.

Album's GREAT. Not sure about the chorus of "The Burning" though. Maybe should have been half- or full-step down? He's really reaching and unlike Bruce doesn't sound while doing it. Could easily have been smoothed out with some backing vocals I guess, but other than that a solid performance throughout the album.

, I realised he sings a lot like Bono. The bass is also mixed at the level of a normal Harris sound not dominating like the last album
Funny, I heard U2 in Lightning, and not just because of the vocals. It reminds me of the Unforgettable Fire era.

Back