Steve Harris

and only a exccerpt of the British Lion video that the presenter said that it was cool. Very brief interview btw. I think Steve wanted to say something else at the end but they cutted him. They were amazed when he said cheers. Because Steve is a well educated guy. They thought that they're going to interview to a bloody bad ass guy or something and they found that he is all the opposite.

Definitely not well educated by most standards. Intelligent - absolutely, but also stubborn. Still well respected and likeable enough to get the gigs and people to continue playing with him, being the guy who gets things done.

Not unlike many others who've made it in the business.

Is he? :blink: He's definitely not unintelligent and from his song topics he's obviously well read, but I'm not sure he counts as well educated. Although I don't know much about his schooling background I know he didn't go to university. Maybe I'm just an elitist snob.

Not well-educated in the institutional sense, but definitely intelligent and well-read.

It's a semantically problematic issue, as we tend to use "educated" in the same sense as "well-read" in many cases. Being well-read is more common among the highly educated and less common among the uneducated, but the number of exceptions are non-negligibly high on both sides.

So many Maiden related questions and not a single one about what the hell they were doing in Paris last Spring and when they are going to release it :)

Definitely so, Maidenfans.com should be the one asking the questions, so we would get right questions atleast..but as usual, Steve (or anybody else from the band) could surely and easily avoid giving too much information. Hoping to know more within the next 365 days or so..

Is he? :blink: He's definitely not unintelligent and from his song topics he's obviously well read, but I'm not sure he counts as well educated. Although I don't know much about his schooling background I know he didn't go to university. Maybe I'm just an elitist snob.
You are if you think that being well-educated implies going to university :p. He is polite and cares about the othezrs as long as they don't go through his way, which is enough to deserve the title.

Contrary to most, I think the singer (& writing) is the main attraction with this band.

Sure, Steve's a great bass player and the guitars and drums are decent but it's Richard Taylor who carries the songs. He outsings pretty much everyone in the midrange! Verses of Bible Black... Delivery - phrasing & tone? Brilliant.

I fully agree with you. I love the rythm section (they've become very tight) but the singing is great. Bible Black is fantastic. I rember reading @Forostar's very positive comments when it was first played, and I didn't share them at first, prefering Spitfire, first played dring the same tour, but I completely changed my mind and, along with Father Lucifer, it's my favorite song.

I'd say he's well travelled and has seen lots. I don't think he's had much formal education, and don't get the impression he's particularly well read, either.

Most of all, he was grown in a country with a deep habit of social segregation. I've got more admiration and respect for a soft-spoken self-taught musician than for a so-called Renaissance man who ruined his chance to study and most of the time can not control the shit that flows out of his mouth.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's his fault. Just that I wouldn't describe him as well educated. Knowledgeable in some respects but not educated.

Last edited:
Back