Steve Harris On That Metal Show

Moon Child

Ancient Mariner
Not sure how many of you watch the show on here but I was looking at the list of guests for this upcoming season and I happened to see Steve on there! The air date said TBA so hopefully its true. It was exciting to see Adrian on last season. I assume that they'll talk about his upcoming solo album along with Maiden stuff of course :)

Just figured I'd pass the news along.

Just an update on this but it looks like Steve's episode is to air on September 22 :D. Good timing too because that would be the weekend before his album comes out........which I'm sure they did that on purpose but I thought it was pretty awesome.

That would be some nice information to know. Hes going to be for the full show like Adrian was so heres to hoping we hear something.

Actually, I meant on if hes going to talk about any new Maiden material...I knew he was going to be on the full hour like Adrian was before him :D

Also, who is this Adrain person you speak of? :p

I'm sure he'll mention it. But it'll be more along the lines of, "we'll do another album, it'll come out one day"

"Oh you know, we'll come out with a new Maiden album at some point.....but until then, buy my new solo album!!"

I was going to post a link to the actual episode but they don't have it up yet on the That Metal Show website. I'll see if I can find a summary of it. If not, I'll try my best to explain it myself :).

Unfortunately, I still have no access to the website. :mad:
Could you summarise anything interesting that he said? Did he mention a new Maiden album?

I can't really remember anything too specific, but I do remember him mentioning another album. He made it quite clear that there will definitely be more albums.

Yep, he definitely made that clear :D. Other than that, he mainly talked about the history of Maiden and their success and everything and the fans. Also of course talked about his new solo album.

There was an article about British Lion that I came across a couple of days ago, which quoted Steve saying that they will be starting work on the new album after the tour next year, so I was just wondering if he had confirmed that. Still, good news, definitely.

Just watched it tonight, by far one of the greatest episodes of That Metal Show I have ever seen (gee, I wonder why?)

Anyways, yeah, they basically just asked him questions about Iron Maiden, the fans, etc. He was a good sport and very comical at times (he got several laughs out of the audience).

The big points that were covered were his solo album, and he said that he WOULD be interested in touring as Steve Harris (as long as it didn't get in the way of Iron Maiden touring, he said, so don't worry). He also said this solo work has been in development for decades, and that the only reason it was finally released now is because it was finally finished after so long. The other band members of his solo group he has known since before Iron Maiden, he said. The hosts also asked a few personal questions, though I don't remember what they all were (not too much significant, just basics).

In regards to actual Iron Maiden news, he basically said that they don't like to write or talk new material while touring, so nothing is currently in the works besides the 2013 part of the Maiden England tour. He did say though that there would DEFINITELY be another Iron Maiden album done after this tour (this got a huge cheer out of the crowd).

Back