Speed of Light - Official Music Video Thread

The more I listen to this song the more I'm sure that this could be on Bruce solo album and noone would tell difference.

Now, about the video: I like it a lot. It's really cool. But if I was to nitpick, there's one thing that bothers me.

The last level, the first-person one, is supposed to represent The Book of Souls, right? And that album is supposed to have a Mayan vibe to it, right? Then why, please in the name of everything explain it to me, why is there an Aztec sun stone?
mad0136.gif
Aztec and Maya are not the same. They are not. Putting an Aztec item in a Maya environment is like depicting Plato's library with a Qur'an. The Aztecs appeared in the 13th century, the classic Maya age ended seven hundred years before that. They spoke entirely different languages and had entirely different belief systems. I know that in the 2012 hysteria, the Aztec sun stone was always shown depicting the Mayan calendar, and it was wrong then already.

tumblr_inline_ns7p2ecat91r3uqae_500.gif

I'm taking this as a reference to poorly researched video games, not the album artwork.

In a tiiiiiiiiime when dinosaurs walked the eeeeeeeearth
When land was swamp and caves were hoooooooome

But which one is better? Speed of Light by Blaze or by Maiden?

Now, about the video: I like it a lot. It's really cool. But if I was to nitpick, there's one thing that bothers me.

The last level, the first-person one, is supposed to represent The Book of Souls, right? And that album is supposed to have a Mayan vibe to it, right? Then why, please in the name of everything explain it to me, why is there an Aztec sun stone?
mad0136.gif
Aztec and Maya are not the same. They are not. Putting an Aztec item in a Maya environment is like depicting Plato's library with a Qur'an. The Aztecs appeared in the 13th century, the classic Maya age ended seven hundred years before that. They spoke entirely different languages and had entirely different belief systems. I know that in the 2012 hysteria, the Aztec sun stone was always shown depicting the Mayan calendar, and it was wrong then already.

I'm taking this as a reference to poorly researched video games, not the album artwork.

I thought the Mayan theme was only for the title track? ;)

mad0136.gif

You've got beef with that yet no mention of the goddam T-Rex?!

:huh: The sweep-picked run near the beginning of the solo is quite similar. The rest of the solo reminds me more of some of his soloing on the TFF album, and not at all of Paschendale.
When the solo came on I immediately thought 'this starts like Paschendale'. Each section of the solo that followed had a similar pattern to Paschendale. Listen to both solos back and back.
Of course I don't need to say that I'm aware that it's not note for note the same but you get the idea.
Anyway I don't need to convince you of this. It reminded me very much of Paschendale.

When the solo came on I immediately thought 'this starts like Paschendale'. Each section of the solo that followed had a similar pattern to Paschendale. Listen to both solos back and back.
Of course I don't need to say that I'm aware that it's not note for note the same but you get the idea.
Anyway I don't need to convince you of this. It reminded me very much of Paschendale.
Me too.

I really think this song is fantastic, I'm more hyped than ever for the new album now, Bruce'Ones vocals are out of this world and I loved the solo.

Something I was wondering though, do you think the video was inspired by the Maiden artwork at Comiccon that was posted a while back?

View attachment 4457
Could be! I hope we get a t shirt with is design at some point then!

Back