Speed of Light - Official Music Video Thread

So I think that it almost correct lyrics to the Speed Of Light. I'm also think that some of the lyrics may be connected to the "Intestellar" movie. Especial the chorus - "we will not return - humanity won't save us" deals with plot of the movie. As humans believe that "they" created a wormhole to save humanity.

Another time, another place,
A hollow universe in space,

I took a trip to see the sights,
That will be black out over night?

One way ticket, no returns,
My shooting stars are fast to burn?
On the edge that you can't see,

Let's shot the moon, you and me,
And that particular you'll see,
A just too lonesome galaxy

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
We slip into the night

I'll say a mass for you and wave,
Shooting plasma from my grave,

Event horizon lost in space,
Running in a human race

I don't know where, I don't know when,
But somehow back in time again,
I'm on the edge you can't see,

Another take your love at night?
A single particle of me,
You won't be tracking me by sight

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
We slip into the night

Last edited:
I've been listening to the iTunes download of Speed of Light and am much more impressed with its sound quality than the YouTube version. Through headphones the reverb on the guitar creates a texture closer to a 70% Piece of Mind / 30 % Somewhere in Time mix than the live TFF sound. It's subtle but I hear it and can understand why Adrian is more happy with the mix of the new album than its predecessor. People are talking "muddiness"..to my ears the sound is the cleanest and sharpest Maiden has sounded in a long time. The power chords under the chorus are shimmery almost. But my ears do have a little tinnitus after years of listening to metal so my thoughts could be void.

I also believe this is the best single Maiden has released since The Evil That Men Do....a controversial opinion perhaps, but I'm sticking to it!

So I think that it almost correct lyrics to the Speed Of Light. I'm also think that some of the lyrics may be connected to the "Intestellar" movie. Especial the chorus - "we will not return - humanity won't save us" deals with plot of the movie. As humans believe that "they" created a wormhole to save humanity.

That will be black out over night?

My shooting stars are fast to burn?

Let's shot the moon, you and me,
And that particular you'll see,
A just too lonesome galaxy

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
We slip into the night

Running in a human race

I'm on the edge you can't see,

Another take your love at night?
A single particle of me,

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
We slip into the night

You're close with the lyrics! Fixed a couple lines ;)

That will be blacker than the night

My shooting star so fast it burns

Let's shoot the moon, you and me,
I'm not particular you'll see,
Just a lonesome galaxy

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars
We will not return
Humanity won't save us
We slip into the night

Running in a human race

I'm on the edge that you can't (maybe "can"? It's very hard to tell) see,

I'm not particular in name,
A single particle of me,

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
At the speed of light

Shadows in the stars,
We will not return,
Humanity won't save us,
We slip into the night

I copied The speed of light in TFF folder (usb in my car). SOL is followed by El Dorado. So moving to the later I can detect a major difference in the sound. Of course El Dorado is 320K quality while SOL is 192K (The best I could get a hold of). So hopefully once I get a better quality mp3 I can do a better comparison.

I'll tell you what.Being a huge fan of BQOBD.......I remember that I was quite disappointed when I heard Man on the Edge. Then when XVI was reviewed - was it metal hammer?? - I read something like...Blaze has a burning passion in his voice and I was like hell yeah. Then I heard Futureal and I was like :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:. Not that it was a bad song or a bad performance by Blaze. Then Bruce came back and although he was pretty good in The Wickerman something was missing. Then it only went downhill regarding Bruce's performance on the singles. All I am trying to say, regardless of whether he is sounding old or not, he freaking has a passion again. I mean this guy takes SOL by the hand and then sings his heart - or should I say his tumors - out. Well done, SOL is cheering me up everytime I hear it. Production issues apart this is a song that has some passion after a long time.

Not a fan of the video. Im not a fan of music videos, they're always so cheesy, with a few exceptions that I know of, like Tool's videos. But if Maiden has to make a video I'd prefer it to be of them performing the song.

So I listened to it for the 2nd time, this time through Spotify and I like it even more now. Sound is way better than on YouTube, production sounds like a mix between BNW and TFF (so way better than TFF :p). I don't mind the cowbell, solos are pretty good, chorus is quite infectious... Don't like Bruce's strain on "stars" part in the chorus, but that'd just be nitpicking.

I just realised that the last choruses do not use the "We slip into the night" line. I kind of thought that the last 4 times of the chorus were a bit boring and then "bang" it came to me,it was the reuse of the "at the speed of light" for four times.haha.

Back