Songs you don't like as much because of multiple live recordings

Looking forward to EdHunter reaching the abandonware-dom. My original cd fails to setup on my current computer. :(

Looking forward to EdHunter reaching the abandonware-dom. My original cd fails to setup on my current computer. :(

Same here.
But I found that downloading it worked (you still need the cd in the drive and run a virtual machine)

Never crashed for me and I finished it a couple of times (using continues).
I then remembered how disappointing and overlong the game was!

Listened to the live version of Wasted Years (from Best of the B sides) just yesterday. It was the 1st time I have played it in years and could not believe how amazing it was compared to other versions.

Wasted Years from Flight 666 is the best by far. ME '88 and even TBOS are weak in comparison

Dance of Death from EN Vivo! is the ultimate version of that song. screw studio version, DOTR and The first leg of the FF tour.

I feel like a lot of the live performances that i like the most of any particular song are in the range of years 2005 until 2011. which i think was Bruce's prime (For Iron Maiden. Not Solo)

Maiden England 2012-2013 he wasn't up to par, and even several shows i saw during TBOS tour he wasn't at his best.

Mind you i am fully aware of his health issues and his age. So please don't give me flack about that.

That being said, so far on alot of the Legacy performances i have seen. He sounds absolutely fantastic.

My answer doesn't address the question exactly, but my answer is...Caught Somewhere In Time.

How can that be when they've never released an official live version of it?

Well...it was always one of my favorite tunes from SIT so I went digging on youtube to find a really good live version of it during the 86-87 tour. I wanted to hear that 'one time' when Bruce knocks it out of the park and the guys just nail it (there's usually at least one magical live performance for every Maiden song that gets played live). I have to be honest and say I've never found one where Bruce was completely on point, and after listening to so many 'almost, but not quite' versions of it, I got sick of the tune for awhile.

^ The live version never sounded right to me, regardless of everyone's performance. It really needs the rhythm guitar under the harmonized melody in the intro, it just sounds so weak without it.

Run To The Hills often sounds sub par after listening to the Beast Over Hammersmith version. Bruce's clear, unbroken voice (he had just joined at the time ofc) combined with Clive's power, the faster tempo, Steve's amazing bass runs and Dave's face melting solo makes the studio version seem tame.

Most of the “classics”. Bloody Fear Of The Dark & The Trooper esp.

Not so much with RTTH as they don’t play it that often. Made me chuckle when Eddie Trunk said he couldn’t believe Maiden didn’t play it when he saw them, as if it was a one off thing. He’s totally casual when it comes to Maiden and ill informed. Stick to KISS & Van Halen history Eddie.

^ The live version never sounded right to me, regardless of everyone's performance. It really needs the rhythm guitar under the harmonized melody in the intro, it just sounds so weak without it.

They have a 3rd guitar now! hint hint Maiden.

Back