Short-answer questions

Yes, I do. I have never seen Maiden sound as clear live as they do now with Pooch as FOH engineer.

For the sake of comparison using the same venue as the reference, I have seen Maiden six times at the O2 arena in London (2 in 2011 with Doug Hall, 2 in 2017 with Martin Walker and 2 in 2018 with Pooch). The best sound was, by far, with Pooch: loud whilst incredibly clear at the same time.

I guess I can only compare Martin and Pooch live at the venue, but Nicko's drums were mixed beautifully the two LotB shows I saw. TBoS tour the toms were too... reverby? Cannon-y? Drum sound as a whole this current tour is damn solid.

They might be recorded on some of the pre-production tapes and kept somewhere but probably forgotten by everyone in and around the band by now.

I saw an interview with Steve where he said they included too much on FOTD, he said Bruce put pressure to have Chains of Misery on and he didn't want it, and he said he wasn't singling out Bruce as one of his own wasn't good enough either and should't have been included (I took it to mean The Apparition)

I saw an interview with Steve where he said they included too much on FOTD, he said Bruce put pressure to have Chains of Misery on and he didn't want it, and he said he wasn't singling out Bruce as one of his own wasn't good enough either and should't have been included (I took it to mean The Apparition)

It could have been From Here to Eternity. Or perhaps The Apparition. Or what about Weekend Warrior? Not exactly top drawer material...

I can't remember exactly what he said but there was a clue that pointed me to thinking he meant the Apparition.

Also, whatever one thinks of FHTE ( I like it), it's doubtful Steve meant it given it was in the set and a single.

I can't remember exactly what he said but there was a clue that pointed me to thinking he meant the Apparition.

Also, whatever one thinks of FHTE ( I like it), it's doubtful Steve meant it given it was in the set and a single.

It was just a facetious remark. ;) For what is worth, I think the song is a sub-standard AC/DC tune being generous. :lol:

One more question. How does one get to listen to The Trooper Live in Iceland 2005, it's part of the official IM discography released digital only for a small period of time.

One more question. How does one get to listen to The Trooper Live in Iceland 2005, it's part of the official IM discography released digital only for a small period of time.

It's gone, I tried to get it again from the 7 digital store a few years ago, as my copy wouldn't play anymore as I lost the licence when I updated to Windows 10. 7 Digital were helpful enough and gave me replacement tracks but they just don't have that version of the Trooper anymore, nor the version of Different World from Aalborg which was also digitially released at the time.

Last edited:
It's gone, I tried to get it again from the 7 digital store a few years ago, as my copy wouldn't play anymore as I lost the licence when I updated to Windows 10. 7 Digital were helpful enough and gave me replacement tracks but they just don't have that version of the Trooper anymore, nor the version of Different World from Aalborg which was also digitially released at the time.
PLEASE tell me you have the version that doesnt play

Back