Short-answer questions

Randalf

Ancient Mariner
I have no clue why they didn't just move it all the way up after Moscow since it was obvious it was too much that late in the set. Maybe there was some hesitation in the band about making a pretty huge change to the flow of the set like that? Who knows. Could've also been the crew since maybe setting up Janick's acoustic right after 2MTM was considered a bit of a hassle.

Maybe they also wanted to give the set, in the form it was then anyway, another go without the usual "rust of the first gig." Sometimes the first night of the tour is considerably rusty and tough, especially for Bruce, and they might have thought it would eventually settle very well as the tour rolled onwards. Seventh Son was a bit rough delivery by Bruce at the first night of the 2012 in Charlotte, but got considerably better very soon.

I agree it's a bit strange though and given their experience, one might assume this issue would've been tackled in the rehearsals. I think they've often mentioned that they do a couple of run-throughs of the whole set before they'll take it to the road and usually that kind of things surface and get fixed there before the first gig.

Ruflux

Ancient Mariner
I agree it's a bit strange though and given their experience, one might assume this issue would've been tackled in the rehearsals. I think they've often mentioned that they do a couple of run-throughs of the whole set before they'll take it to the road and usually that kind of things surface and get fixed there before the first gig.
Yeah, that's pretty standard practice for any band to run through the whole set to address things like this or issues with set flow or to figure out transitions if there are any etc. I agree that this would've likely come up then, but maybe Bruce apparently being ill on the tour complicated matters? He might've been fine in rehearsals, or they might've been assuming that things will clear up once they settle into the tour but then it became obvious that he wasn't going to be able to perform The Talisman at the end of the main set.

He was definitely pretty rough on the Moscow bootleg for the whole set so something must've been off for him.