Short-answer questions

I think what surprised me about the LOTB shows was how good Bruce’s voice in 2018 was. It was a big step up from 2017 and he was great on that to it as well. God how I would love to go back and watch another 2018 LOTB show.

Hear, hear!

I am afraid we won’t see Bruce performing Maiden classics at that level anymore. :(

I though Bruce Bruce was great, in the flesh, in 2018 (twice) and 2022. And TBOS tour.

Youtube can be hit and miss for him but I've never been disappointed when I've seen him live. Maybe NOTD was taken from a Youtube video :edmetal:

Yep, 2018 was the best in years. I think Bruce has handled his voice with good care. He can't obviously change the compulsory thing as age and getting old. But at his age, I think he still sounds great.

I though Bruce Bruce was great, in the flesh, in 2018 (twice) and 2022. And TBOS tour.

Youtube can be hit and miss for him but I've never been disappointed when I've seen him live. Maybe NOTD was taken from a Youtube video :edmetal:
Agree on all the shows you listed. I feel bad for the people who echo the same boring comments on the internet how badly Bruce sings. Bruce is human being and of course, he's had off-nights and then on most of the dates he has sounded good, great and so on..
Some of those people with the negative comments haven't even seen them live and base their opinions on the various videos filmed from the shows and then some just recycle the comments seen on the forums or videos around, they've come to the conclusion based on those only without even getting to experience Maiden live.
Every show that I've seen has been great and Maiden have delivered it truly. There was only 1 show that some of them (atleast Bruce) felt a bit tired, either it was jetlag or perhaps little hangover (you never know). He might have been a bit sick aswell, but as I don't know I can't be for sure.
Don't know the details but that shows minor change in the series that I've seen and witnessed.

I have seen Bruce have amazing nights (gigs in 1999, 2006-2008, and 2018 come to mind) and some pretty shitty ones (the singing on the UK leg of TFF tour in 2011 was quite disappointing). At the end of the day he is a human being singing some very challenging material and although his voice is on the decline, he has managed to age much better than most of his peers. We can count ourselves lucky.

I had a discussion with a Greek Maidenfan (not a member here) and he told me that the fact that Maiden do not come this time is not due to Maiden don’t want to, but due to promoters don’t want them. Specifically due to that flare issue.

Could this hold any water at all? Not sure how tours are organized /scheduled thus I ask.

@Luisma @GroundZero @srfc @GhostofCain

Need to understand how the whole thing works. Does the group decides we are going to do the X, Y, Z countries or they send request for quotation and decide accordingly to what they get?
I would think it's a combination of promotors booking them and them deciding where to go and get into business with the appropriate promotor. But generally, the promotors are the ones fronting concerts, taking the financial risks and paying the artist to come. Any notion of Maiden being "boycotted" is just random trash-talk.

I had a discussion with a Greek Maidenfan (not a member here) and he told me that the fact that Maiden do not come this time is not due to Maiden don’t want to, but due to promoters don’t want them. Specifically due to that flare issue.

Could this hold any water at all? Not sure how tours are organized /scheduled thus I ask.

Maiden might have wanted to give the Greek market a rest. They are missing several countries this year and I would not be surprised if they include them in 2025 (I can see them milking the nostalgia tour in 3 consecutive calendar years).

Strange, I heard the exact opposite when the tour was announced; rumor had it that Maiden did not want to play in Greece again due to the flares.

Remember Bruce at the end of the 2018 show when he said "one of these days we'll do that song" (refering to AtG)? If the rumor that AtG will be played tomorrow turns out to be true, they might as well had scheduled the SiT/Senjutsu tour from way back then and they would play Greece. The flare situation however was the turning point - this has happened before in Greece as well. In 1999 I believe Bruce stopped singing 2MTM and came on stage with a fire extinguisher to put out a flare.

I'm sure they will take another European Leg next year or the next with this tour. I've read that many international bands are choosing certain countries or cities to play instead others that they used to because they prefer choose places managed by public entities and don't private promoters because these promoters wants too much benefits.

I have heard that rumour, however, I assume is BS but not entirely sure the whole story has been said. Maiden (Bruce) demanded to any promoter that the flare thing doesn't happen again and as incredible as it sounds, it seems that not one promoter was able to guarantee a 100% that it wouldn't happen which was a problem. However, there's also the fact that the organisation of the tour, which is going to have quite a production, didn't seem to consider Greece this time around... So basically is half true the flare thing

Back