Senjutsu charts position

I didn't count myself as an audiophile, but if caring for the difference between streamed media and CD played on a decent living room stereo qualifies, then I guess I am one.

I'm right now listening to the Youtube version of some songs from the album via my TV and it's nowhere near the quality of playing the CD on my (cheap) stereo system.

If the youth of today are basing their experience of music solely on streaming, they're still years away from knowing what good sound can actually be like (I guess one day in a not extremely distant future, streamed media will actually have the same quality as physical media, but we're not there yet).

Well, people buy one speaker these days and play their music in mono.

I dont care about charts, Maiden will sell out arena and stadiums without problem. But it is little bit sad how their managment or record company desperatley wanted to push more sales with lower price.

I'd say it was much more pathetic to milk the collectors with an unlimited number of different versions of the same album:

Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format
Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
Special Edition Triple Silver & Black Marble Vinyl (from selected retailers)
Special Edition Triple Red & Black Marble Vinyl (from selected retailers)
Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu-Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
Digital album (streaming and download)

Give me a fucking break!

If the youth of today are basing their experience of music solely on streaming, they're still years away from knowing what good sound can actually be like (I guess one day in a not extremely distant future, streamed media will actually have the same quality as physical media, but we're not there yet).

The youth of my day would share cassette tapes with one album on side 1 and another one on side 2. We would play them in our walkmans and the quality would degrade over time. I'd say the quality was MUCH worse than most streaming services...

P.S. I once recorded a C90 cassette with The Number of the Beast on side A and Piece of Mind on side B and gave it to a girl I had started going out with. She really liked it, especially Revelations. 27 years later we are still together. Never underestimate the power of low-fi music!

interesting BMG shipped 120k physical copies of Senjutsu to the USA an increase of 15% so someone was clearly expecting them to sell more, they are projected to hit around 54k copies and land in at #4

Last edited:
I'd say it was much more pathetic to milk the collectors with an unlimited number of different versions of the same album:

Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format

Give me a fucking break!

Everyone else has been doing that for years at this stage

The youth of my day would share cassette tapes with one album on side 1 and another one on side 2. We would play them in our walkmans and the quality would degrade over time. I'd say the quality was MUCH worse than most streaming services...

P.S. I once recorded a C90 cassette with The Number of the Beast on side A and Piece of Mind on side B and gave it to a girl I had started going out with. She really liked it, especially Revelations. 27 years later we are still together. Never underestimate the power of low-fi music!
Of course, cassettes are shit when it comes to durability. I did ruin my share of them in my childhood and those who survived don't sound good.

ha ha I remember those days, trying to make sure you copied it from someone who had an original as god knows what generation copy you would be getting otherwise

Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format

Give me a fucking break!
I do agree with you that there are too many versions of the album.
I think Senjutsu has the most ever formats.
I am a collector so have bought four versions so far.
Need to pick up the black vinyl and the red vinyl pretty soon though.
It's getting very expensive.
I remember when BYDTTS was released in 1990 and every Maiden fan and their grannies were out grabbing every version of it they could lay their hands on. I think it was released on five versions in the UK.
Knocked Sir Cliff Richard off number 1 which was a real bonus.
I had a few drinks to celebrate. It was Christmas after all.

Everyone else has been doing that for years at this stage

Give me a break... If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it?

Maiden went overboard this time and you just have to compare it with the formats released for The Book of Souls. It is not that different from the loads of different versions released to get a #1 single in the quietest week of the year 30 years ago, but this time the strategy has not worked that well.

Standard 2CD Digipak
Deluxe 2CD Book Format

Give me a fucking break!

You forgot the 2CD Digipak with Lenticular (3D) cover (from selected retailers). :cheers:

interesting BMG shipped 120k physical copies of Senjutsu to the USA an increase of 15% so someone was clearly expecting them to sell more, they are projected to hit around 54k copies and land in at #4
Awful beyond belief number. 54k ? Maybe the idea of a Powerslave 2 , that a certain forum member has a fixation to constantly mock, wouldnt have been bad afterall. Instead we got songs inspired from country music and the X-Factor, well these are the results....

Last edited:
+ people buy this stuff, it’s not like Rod held a gun to everyone’s head to buy all the different versions. Can’t blame Maiden for giving people what they want.
Maiden fans want whatever the band puts out. If there are 15 different editions the insane collectors will buy all of those. I'm not sure that's what they wanted.

I mean that’s the collectors’ problems. If people are buying shit they don’t want that’s on them, not Maiden.

Not solely. It’s the band’s responsibility too. Bands educate and form their fans. It’s a big topic and I find it shortsighted at best to only blame the fans, viewers, voters -you name it- for the junk they’ve consumed. Somebody fed them.

Back