Senjutsu charts position

physical media sales are basically only for the die-hards and audiophiles. it's over and it's been over for a while. i grew up in the halcyon days of the 80's when bands like def leppard sold 14 million copies of Hysteria. we are now calling 200,000 sales of a physical album a "blockbuster". it sucks. it's not the same at all. streaming/digital downloads is just not sexy at all but it's reality. so all that said - who cares? Maiden will play to 2 million people and Drake will play to a tenth of that. Maiden wins.
a lot of that would be due to the fact the only way of hearing an album back then was to go out and buy it, had spotify or youtube existed in the 80s sales would be just as poor as they are now

Honestly all these things are excuses. Maiden have had no issues doing better with each new album at the age of internet so , no, streaming didn’t play such a big role. The overall number of Senjutsu compared to TBOS is vastly lower which means less people bought it or streamed it or whatever.

View attachment 17099
Streaming is everything these days. Look at the charts for ffs!

You have no clue.
They were clearly appealing to the
Hardcore Maiden base that collect everything with the multiple formats this time around. I imagine maiden management will be extremely disappointed with sales this time 45k is very low even in an age where buying physicals drops each year. The price point would have been the biggest factor i think its clearly detered people

They were clearly appealing to the
Hardcore Maiden base that collect everything with the multiple formats this time around. I imagine maiden management will be extremely disappointed with sales this time 45k is very low even in an age where buying physicals drops each year. The price point would have been the biggest factor i think its clearly detered people
I would have bought multiple formats had the prices been more reasonable.

As it stands, I will settle with one format and might get some others later if the prices drop significantly.

Maiden scoring a number 1 album is nice, but it does not pay the mortgage.

Honestly all these things are excuses. Maiden have had no issues doing better with each new album at the age of internet so , no, streaming didn’t play such a big role. The overall number of Senjutsu compared to TBOS is vastly lower which means less people bought it or streamed it or whatever.
Or possibly- like a friend of mine - they weren’t that fussed about Souls and so didn’t investigate this one.

Sometimes the popularity of an album only reflects the enjoyment of the previous one.

I think the current one is still some of their best work.

I think people also underestimate the fact that TBOS was their best chart performance ever. I think that has to do with the fact there was a lot more uncertainty about it being their last album ever due to Bruce's cancer, every metal fan heard about that, even the ones not that into Maiden, and that contribute to its better sales imo. Senjutsu still did pretty well and would be #1 if Drake hadn't released it in the same week as well, I think he's the most listened artist in the world on Spotify (and he only won because of those streams).

I think people also underestimate the fact that TBOS was their best chart performance ever. I think that has to do with the fact there was a lot more uncertainty about it being their last album ever due to Bruce's cancer, every metal fan heard about that, even the ones not that into Maiden, and that contribute to its better sales imo. Senjutsu still did pretty well and would be #1 if Drake hadn't released it in the same week as well, I think he's the most listened artist in the world on Spotify (and he only won because of those streams).
TBOS just continued the trend of every post-reunion album doing better than the previous, it didn’t do anything special. TFF did better than AMOLAD too, for example.

TBOS just continued the trend of every post-reunion album doing better than the previous, it didn’t do anything special. TFF did better than AMOLAD too, for example.
Honestly, DOD and AMOLAD were pretty similar. In fact, AMOLAD did worse in the UK. The huge leap between AMOLAD and TFF was due to the success of SBIT World Tour and Flight 666. And yeah, even if your statement is entirely true, the bar was getting higher and higher and that's hard to hold up.

Well marketing was really poor. Hats off to "Feast" but other than that was zero.

Metallica did great job with The Black Album/Blacklist promo. Podcast, a lot of rare stuff and unboxing with Jason. Who was that guy who unboxed Senjutsu on Maiden YT?

I dont care about charts, Maiden will sell out arena and stadiums without problem. But it is little bit sad how their managment or record company desperatley wanted to push more sales with lower price.

Nothing to do with band or their music, so we dont need to be worried about charts, they didnt even try to promote this album.

Well marketing was really poor. Hats off to "Feast" but other than that was zero.
What the hell are you talking about? Big viral campaign that got hundreds of articles, a video that got 12 million view on Youtube alone, two dozen front page interviews, huge social impressions...what do you want, a goddamn town crier in every city across the land? "Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye Stratego and buy ye Senjutsu!"

physical media sales are basically only for the die-hards and audiophiles.
I didn't count myself as an audiophile, but if caring for the difference between streamed media and CD played on a decent living room stereo qualifies, then I guess I am one.

I'm right now listening to the Youtube version of some songs from the album via my TV and it's nowhere near the quality of playing the CD on my (cheap) stereo system.

If the youth of today are basing their experience of music solely on streaming, they're still years away from knowing what good sound can actually be like (I guess one day in a not extremely distant future, streamed media will actually have the same quality as physical media, but we're not there yet).

What the hell are you talking about? Big viral campaign that got hundreds of articles, a video that got 12 million view on Youtube alone, two dozen front page interviews, huge social impressions...what do you want, a goddamn town crier in every city across the land? "Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye Stratego and buy ye Senjutsu!"
Calm down man if you want to talk normal.

12 mil.on YT is not a such a big number today. In metal music it is, but overall is not very big. But here Maiden are comparing to world wide music in charts.

We all now that this Maiden marketing is joke and they are not investing money in it. That is ok for me, if you want to have numbers you need to put a big effort in it. Just like Metallica now with Black Album.

Maiden are not doing that so we cannot expect that sales and streams going through the roof.

And I belive that with this video game they are making a lot of money so they dont care really about sales and charts.

Back