Senjutsu charts position

60,000.for book of souls. Finished 1200 sales behind drake with senjutsu on around 45,000 . any numbers similar to BOS would have got them #1 which is a shame
We are in the streaming/digital era!

I was looking at Drake's last album sales and i have to say Maiden is no match for such a big music act. His last album Scorpion (2018) was certified platinum on the day it was released in US and streamed more than a billion times in its release week!!! Now it is 5× Platinum in US and 1× Platinum in UK. Pretty sure this year he will dominate year-end charts and will be no.1 in both US & UK. Btw, when was the last time Maiden got Platinum certification in UK? Guess it was Piece of Mind...

I was looking at Drake's last album sales and i have to say Maiden is no match for such a big music act. His last album Scorpion (2018) was certified platinum on the day it was released in US and streamed more than a billion times in its release week!!! Now it is 5× Platinum in US and 1× Platinum in UK. Pretty sure this year he will dominate year-end charts and will be no.1 in both US & UK. Btw, when was the last time Maiden got Platinum certification in UK? Guess it was Piece of Mind...
We aren’t talking about the U.S. Maiden should have won in the U.K easily.

OK, Drake has close to 60 million monthly listeners on Spotify, Maiden now has 7.7 million, and this increased significantly with the release of Senjutsu. I was surprised that the Maiden YT flag videos are still mostly below the 1 million mark or way lower, and the album songs are closer to 1 million plays on Spotify (except TWOTW and Stratego released weeks earlier). The Harris epics are still below 1 million plays. I expected more plays on Spotify and especially on YT. I almost exclusively stream my music on Spotify and YT. Bought the album for my collection though. Hardly anyone buys physical albums anymore (except diehard fans like we are) and it's hard to stream a very long album if you want to compete with "radio-friendly" pop music. This is still a very nice achievement by Maiden especially with a very good album (people don't really know what albums are anymore, I had to explain what an album is to my daughter LOL).

25% drop of sales in UK.

However, in US (because I don't have numbers for UK) CD sales have been cut to 1/3 in 2020 compared to 2015.
Under those conditions Senjutsu outselling TBOS would be a sort of a miracle in the industry.

25% drop of sales in UK.

However, in US (because I don't have numbers for UK) CD sales have been cut to 1/3 in 2020 compared to 2015.
Under those conditions Senjutsu outselling TBOS would be a sort of a miracle in the industry.
It is pretty safe to say it is not much different in UK.
AES-2019.png

physical media sales are basically only for the die-hards and audiophiles. it's over and it's been over for a while. i grew up in the halcyon days of the 80's when bands like def leppard sold 14 million copies of Hysteria. we are now calling 200,000 sales of a physical album a "blockbuster". it sucks. it's not the same at all. streaming/digital downloads is just not sexy at all but it's reality. so all that said - who cares? Maiden will play to 2 million people and Drake will play to a tenth of that. Maiden wins.

Back