Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'm impressed with the band's decision not to use harmonies in these examples, even though it would be typical Iron Maiden.
To me, they all sound more forceful, more incisive, bigger without harmonies.
Agreed. I very much enjoyed watching that video as a theoretical exercise.
However I don't think any of the songs would have sounded better on the album that way.

20 000 album equivalent sales then. Great, considering that CD sales are non existent here, while streaming is very big. I wonder how many were physical CD's and Vinyls. 10 000 to 15 000?

On a sidenote, Brave New World made the old 40 000 mark and reached gold, while Dance of Death made the next and lowered 30 000 mark for gold back in the day. Then later it was lowered again to 20 000, which I think they have kept to this day, and all studio albums released since then have achieved that.

Last edited:
Someone made a version of ''Hell On Earth'' with 2 more repeats of the chorus (3 times total). The song becomes 12 minutes long.

Although I agree that the chorus should have been repeated 3 (or at least 2) times, the flow is not good - so there should have been something more before that. The repetitions are: after Adrian's solo (sort of fits) and after Janick's solo (doesn't fit).

I think both repeats of the chorus (or only one) would be best right before the start of the outro.

I can see the appeal people see with the idea of the... well, "chorus" being repeated in this song and how the whole song sort of peaks very early on, but the video above actually demonstrates very well why that part only makes a single appearance in the song: a repeat doesn't really fit anywhere. To make it work, the whole song - a song that was a huge fan favourite from day one - should be broken into pieces and put together in a slightly, or even very, different manner.

So while I think that part could bear a repet or two, it also makes sense why the song is put together the way it is. :)

I'm reminded today that I still have not received my correct booklet for my Senjutsu boxset, instead I still have the two booklets for the Writing On The Wall thing. Did anyone ever get theirs? I sent multiple emails to WB.

I'm reminded today that I still have not received my correct booklet for my Senjutsu boxset, instead I still have the two booklets for the Writing On The Wall thing. Did anyone ever get theirs? I sent multiple emails to WB.

I got mine but can't remember if it was the shop or the record company who sent it

Back