Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Melony

Nomad
Of course I don't expect everyone to like Senjutsu as much as I do.
But I know only one other Maiden fan and can't understand his arguments. He complains about the diddlidee-diddliduh riffs? That's on every album. I have a suspicion that he doesn't have the patience to look deeper into Senjutus, because you have to. There is a lot to discover, in my opinion.
It can't be a borefest for me if only because it's so emotional and dark.

I'm almost a little afraid of the next album, because it must be a dissapointment as strong as Senjutu is, the excellent guitar and bass work, the mostly more coherent arrangements than before, etc. all of which has already been mentioned.

These are my favorite solos:

1) "Darkest Hour"
Adrian Smith - 4:11

2) "The Writing On The Wall"
Adrian Smith - 4:26

3) "Hell On Earth"
Janick Gers - 8:22

Last edited:

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
Of course I don't expect everyone to like Senjutsu as much as I do.
I like it more than you! Think about how much you like it, and then add more to it, and that's how much I like it!

And also, yeah, Senjutsu took me several weeks and spins to fully absorb it, even though I loved it from minute 1.

Melony

Nomad
I like it more than you! Think about how much you like it, and then add more to it, and that's how much I like it!

And also, yeah, Senjutsu took me several weeks and spins to fully absorb it, even though I loved it from minute 1.

I found out who likes it the least: Our new office assisstant. She said it was noise, not music (I suggested it to her as a tip). She claims to be a very musical person and then revealed she likes Andrea Berg. :scared:
Ok, that's all I need to know...

Boroking

In the mire of an ancient swamp
I found out who likes it the least: Our new office assisstant. She said it was noise, not music (I suggested it to her as a tip). She claims to be a very musical person and then revealed she likes Andrea Berg. :scared:
Ok, that's all I need to know...

I’d like to see her respond to some death metal if she thinks something as artful and measured as Senjutsu is noise.

MindRuler

Found in a lost world
I found out who likes it the least: Our new office assisstant. She said it was noise, not music
I once knew a girl just like that, decades ago. She thought metal wasn´t music at all. I gave her a mixed tape with progressive metal and some Maiden songs, very melodic stuff. She liked it.