Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I want to like The Parchment more than I do. It's good, but it doesn't click completely. Nice solos though, in particular by Janick.

I really dont get it. I think its a solid Maiden album, but The Parchement, its sooooo boring. Maybe one day it might click with me but at the minute its so unforgettable.
I felt the same way at release but the song is now my second favourite from the album (after TWOTW).

Now listening to Senjutsu after 3 months! I allready liked the album but now it sounds so fresh again and even more details in songs are showing up. It's a feast with headphones and I´m only at TWOTW...what an amazing album! :wub:
Now at H´s solo...

^I've recently listened to Senjutsu too. I like all songs now but Death of the Celts less; I wouldn't mind it being removed. Yeap, with headphones sounds way better!

Nice! Legacy is my favorite song on AMOLAD. Some days it's Lord of Light, but those two are fantastic.

Lord of Light, Legacy & Brighten than thousand_suns for me.

After some time, I look at this album differently. It's very good, but I don't know if I can put it next to my favorites. It's ... different, but in a good way. At the moment I have a problem with pointing to a song that I would like to get rid of. I further insist that this is a very strong album, but its true power and depth should be evident on tour.

At the moment I have a problem with pointing to a song that I would like to get rid of.
I don't have a least favorite song from the album, let alone a song that I would like to get rid of. I think @Randalf said that Senjutsu seems to divide opinions a bit more when it comes to individual songs and album highlights, if we have to compare it to TBOS (the previous album and another modern classic) and that says a lot about the quality of all the songs.

For me Senjutsu´s few lows are higher than TBOS lows. And the highs are much higher than TBOS highs too. So yeah, I definitely prefer it to TBOS.

Back