Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Although I prefer Maiden overall, Helloween's self-titled album is head and shoulders above Senjutsu in my opinion.
(Also, as regards the albums released the same year by these two bands, SSOASS = KOT7K2 but VXI<BTR, still in my opinion ;) ).

I’d say VXI<<BTR ;)

I have very fond memories of a gig in 1998 with Helloween wiping the floor with Maiden when they were supporting them on the Virtual XI tour.

EDIT: I mean, as a Maiden fan it was somewhat painful, but Helloween were miles better than Maiden that had hit rock bottom.

Last edited:
I’d say VXI<<BTR ;)

I have very fond memories of a gig in 1998 with Helloween wiping the floor with Maiden when they were supporting them on the Virtual XI tour.

EDIT: I mean, as a Maiden fan it was somewhat painful, but Helloween were miles better than Maiden that had hit rock bottom.
I hadn't seen Helloween yet (nor Maiden) live in those days though I was already a fan of both bands, but I felt their (at least punctual) superiority when I listened to "Midnight Sun"... which was sadly never played live.

SSOASS >> KOT7K2 in my opinion.
I think so too.
The new Helloween album has received much praise, that‘s why I looked forward to listening to it, but I was disappointed. I find many of their songs consist of thrown together segments that don't connect in any meaningful way - at least in my humble opinion.

I think so too.
The new Helloween album has received much praise, that‘s why I looked forward to listening to it, but I was disappointed. I find many of their songs consist of thrown together segments that don't connect in any meaningful way - at least in my humble opinion.

You’d be surprised how many people think exactly that about Maiden “epics”.

Last edited:
A Dave guitar intro/outro to The Time Machine would have been awesome.
I agree. Not that I don't like the intro, it sounds ominous and it fits the song great (the same intro/outro is needed for it imo), but I miss Dave's trademark melodic intros and it's the only song in the album that I can accept with a different intro. Btw, I love the melody at the start of the outro.

As and old school fan of mighty Iron Maiden, I sometimes feel a little strange when someone uses the word "banger" regarding Maiden songs?
I know Im old and such but banger feels more suitable to the more recent stuff that's been played on the radio and is surely quite far from any Maiden.
Actually, it's not here but I've seen alot of this happening over at the reddit and it's dedicated Iron Maiden talk.

As and old school fan of mighty Iron Maiden, I sometimes feel a little strange when someone uses the word "banger" regarding Maiden songs?
I know Im old and such but banger feels more suitable to the more recent stuff that's been played on the radio and is surely quite far from any Maiden.
Actually, it's not here but I've seen alot of this happening over at the reddit and it's dedicated Iron Maiden talk.
If I'm honest I don't understand your complaint at all. What does the word "banger" entail to you and why does it not apply to Iron Maiden?

Don't worry dude, I agree with you. The Parchment is LIT and it SLAPS!

Although it's not one of my favorite songs on Senjutsu, I really enjoy the vocal effects as Bruce is singing the intro. The bit of distortion and occasional echo on the last word of a sentence seem to channel some inner David Gilmour.

Back