Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Ohh no bud. Your friend has been following maiden since he was in the 3rd grade and today he is 28. I’ve heard all classics a millions of times but no closing song sent a chill down my spine like Hell on Earth.

Ok fair enough!
A reminder is always in order though after such statements, since during the first weeks of a new release people tend to be in a state of Euphoria! ;)

Ok fair enough!
A reminder is always in order though after such statements, since during the first weeks of a new release people tend to be in a state of Euphoria! ;)

Oh yeah you’re right about the euphoria part for sure but I’ve only been hooked on to Jutsu like any other fan since it’s release and this album actually doesn’t have a single weak track. But hell on earth hits hard man. The title is dark with a very hopeful melody and all. I think I’m gonna be superglued on to this album even longer than I like lol

It’s phenomenal. An 11 minutes song that feels like 5. It goes well with the Parchment too. I like to listen to them one after the other.
Yeah man. This entire album is actually fast paced. Doesn’t feel like an hour and 22 mins at all. Parchment is like the lost son of Powerslave and has come to haunt us all 37 years later. Favorite on the album is Death of the Celts for me. Just magnificent. I’d also like to think we might have got to see one of Arrys epics on tbos itself but due to a friends death and another sad event he was unable to contribute as much on tbos.

So it's the 18th September, over 2 weeks since the album released... and the deluxe 2CD I preordered from Music Glue still has not arrived.

Frustratingly it was dispatched on time, and I can't cancel the order until it arrives or 24th September. I've considered ordering a second version off Amazon several times already but have ended up listening on YouTube this entire time.

Guess I'm just posting this because I'm wound up; it's by far the worst experience I've had with an online order. Is anyone else in the same boat?

So it's the 18th September, over 2 weeks since the album released... and the deluxe 2CD I preordered from Music Glue still has not arrived.

Frustratingly it was dispatched on time, and I can't cancel the order until it arrives or 24th September. I've considered ordering a second version off Amazon several times already but have ended up listening on YouTube this entire time.

Guess I'm just posting this because I'm wound up; it's by far the worst experience I've had with an online order. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Not trying to twist the knife mate, but this is why I stopped pre-orders during the pandemic. I could share the FLAC files if you like!

Not trying to twist the knife mate, but this is why I stopped pre-orders during the pandemic. I could share the FLAC files if you like!
I don't think preorders were the issue. I preordered the new Night Flight Orchestra album (also released 3rd September) from Amazon and got it day of release. I blame Music Glue for not having it together.

(On the FLAC files: thanks for the offer, but YouTube will last me until I get the CD and rip it myself. I also have the commentary restarting to keep me occupied.)

You shoulda done amazon. 0 shipping and cd at your doorstep on release day. Wish we had that privilege.

I still awaiting my silver vinyl and book edition- 20 September arrival date, so it’s impossible to await physical copy for the first ever listen, thank god that I bought iTunes version.

I expect Senjutsu to win the Best Album Of The Year award. TBOS has several awards in this regard (its singles too) and AMOLAD too.
Helloween's album was not bad either! I'd vote for Senjutsu to be honest, but HElloween was not bad at all!

I ordered my deluxe 2 cd from Amazon and got it on the 3rd. I ordered the tshirt bundle from Music Glue and still waiting. Considering they are located in my city of Atlanta I could actually drive there and pick it up…

There’s quite a tempo shift at the beginning of the first chorus of Darkest Hour. They used click tracks on BOS and on this album, who said that again? So I wonder if they didn’t use a click on DH specifically, or if Kevin produces clicks with tempo shifts.

Just want to say to folks here seen as the Studio Album 17 Rumours and Speculation thread is locked.

Thanks for everyone who contributed, found little clues, snippets of information etc. I read updates to that thread almost daily for about 2 years, and the last few weeks of the Belshazzar's Feast campaign in particular was a hell of a ride! Such an exciting time. Made even better by the new album being so strong that its actually lived up to the hype generated!

Now we just have to wait for the album 18 thread! Probably a few years away still of course. But I look forward to it!

The length of the songs from Kevin Shirley's diary:

Senjutsu (''The Great Wall'') - 8:18 (8:20 in the final version).
Stratego - 5:02 (4:59 in the final version). Also, a second solo from Adrian was planned for this song.
TWOTW (''The Writing'') - 5:50 (6:13 in the final version)... probably without the acoustic intro.
LIALW - 9:36 (9:31 in the final version).
DOFP - 4:09 (4:03 in the final version).
The Time Machine - 6:53 (7:09 in the final version)... probably the outro was shorter.

Darkest Hour (''The Darkest Hour) - 6:37 (7:20 in the final version)... probably without the long seagulls/waves outro.
DOTC - 10:16 (10:20 in the final version).
The Parchment (''Parchment'') - 12:40 (12:39 in the final version).
Hell On Earth - 11:24 (11:19 in the final version).

Back