Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

There is no indication of Steve Harris' political leanings in his songs, and I think that's quite a stupid assumption to think there is. It just causes problems when there is no need to be any. He is a 65 year old man who has seen a lot of change during his time. I'm only 28 and I think there has been a lot of changes, good and bad during my life so far! You can be an adult of any age to draw the conclusion that the world is going to hell in a handbasket. The constant news cycle now because of the internet age and smartphones is only going to make it seem more prevalent.

And to think I had assumed the 93 in your username referred to when you became a fan. Gosh, you make me feel old! :lol:

I'm not making any value judgments here folks. I'm just stating my own observations on the themes. And I'm aware of Steve and Bruce's feelings regarding Brexit. The world is changing fast. Some of it is good (to some) and some of it is bad (to some). Popular opinion by default is not necessarily correct. History judges most accurately.

I keep seeing comments about how this album doesn’t have any fast parts. It’s a more somber album but it does have moments of explosiveness. The way HoE rips open after the intro, the fast section at the end of The Parchment, the double-time ending of DoFP. All of Stratego. Those moments are still clearly there.
I wonder how The Trooper would sound slowed down and tuned down, to C# or something. Perhaps @Jer or someone could do a version...

I'm not making any value judgments here folks. I'm just stating my own observations on the themes. And I'm aware of Steve and Bruce's feelings regarding Brexit. The world is changing fast. Some of it is good (to some) and some of it is bad (to some). Popular opinion by default is not necessarily correct. History judges most accurately.
what has Steve ever said regarding Brexit? Just did a quick google and couldn't find anything immediate.

One year after The X Factor and I am far from the youngest person here.

what has Steve ever said regarding Brexit? Just did a quick google and couldn't find anything immediate.

As far as I know, he has not said anything about Brexit.

Edit: here's an interview (in Spanish) in which he says that he hopes Brexit would not affect British musicians touring Europe

Last edited:
Back