Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I had to dig out the old Trust and Pat Travers interviews, but he can clearly be heard saying "[something something] best album [something something something] ever made".
I also know he'll read this and not respond. I can already hear him laughing and saying "Eee, oooo AH! You... bwarr you little lot" while screwing up his face at the camera. He of course knows that Belshazzar has a renowned sense of humour.

I know we all kind of were surprised at no Murray writing credits on Senjutsu and I just kind of realized how weird it was to not have one of his trademark melodic guitar driven intros. That being said, I haven't loved the last few tunes like this on TFF and BOS so it's probably for the best.

I just kind of realized how weird it was to not have one of his trademark melodic guitar driven intros.
He played most of the lead melodies in "Hell on Earth", including the intro though. The part starting at 3:01, before the vocals kicks in, is played by Dave alone too.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear the album #18 - I think they can release at least one more album. It is interesting with what they will follow-up the incredible Senjutsu... the album will be great (as always), but will it top it? The fact that they can release such a strong album so late in their career makes the next album even more curious.

Dave does feel more like part of the rhythm section with Steve & Nicko on this one rather than alongside H & Janick i wonder if that actually has anything to do with him not writing anything

I know we all kind of were surprised at no Murray writing credits on Senjutsu and I just kind of realized how weird it was to not have one of his trademark melodic guitar driven intros. That being said, I haven't loved the last few tunes like this on TFF and BOS so it's probably for the best.
Yeah. I'm also not a big fan of his last two co-written songs, but one song from Dave would have made this album even more special, without any doubt. Actually, this is the only aspect of the album which I don't like (and the title is still 50/50 for me).

Ordered
Vinyl Silver Marbel edition
CD Book Edition
Still waiting for delivery-from 13 september to 17 september.

Also bought Itunes version. So did my best to support my favorite band.

Back