Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I recall people have been comparing Senjutsu to The X Factor and I'm inclined to agree. It's very indirect and there's a lot of dynamics. There are a lot of callbacks to past songs - more so, I feel, than on previous outings - but I feel it is only fitting to do that sort of album if it is to be their last. It doesn't lose anything on it, and while most of the stuff is familiar I also feel it adds a lot of new. I can't shake the mid section on "Lost in a Lost World". It plays repeatedly in my head, at work, when I'm out shopping, wherever. People look at when I hum the melody. It's every bit as good as the insanely catchy melody of "Afraid to Shoot Strangers". And the song has a lot of other good parts which makes me want to listen again. Probably my favourite song right now.

From 2000 to 2021

The wicker man
Ghost of navigator
brave New World
Blood Brothers
Dream of mirrors
Out of the silent planet
Dance of Death
Paschendale
These colours dont run
Brighter than 1000 suns
Longest Day
The reincarnation of benjamin Breeg
For the greater good of god
El dorado
Mother of Mercy
Coming Home
The Talisman
When the wild wind blows
If eternity should Fail
Book of souls
Senjutsu
Stratego
Writting on the wall
Death of the Celts
Hell on Earth

The songs from the 80s and 90s are cool but those are killer songs too. What a great band in their 60s

Well that Stratego video was crap. Wouldn't have known it was anything to do with Iron Maiden if it wasn't for the final few seconds.

I recall people have been comparing Senjutsu to The X Factor and I'm inclined to agree. It's very indirect and there's a lot of dynamics. There are a lot of callbacks to past songs - more so, I feel, than on previous outings - but I feel it is only fitting to do that sort of album if it is to be their last. It doesn't lose anything on it, and while most of the stuff is familiar I also feel it adds a lot of new. I can't shake the mid section on "Lost in a Lost World". It plays repeatedly in my head, at work, when I'm out shopping, wherever. People look at when I hum the melody. It's every bit as good as the insanely catchy melody of "Afraid to Shoot Strangers". And the song has a lot of other good parts which makes me want to listen again. Probably my favourite song right now.
Stratego could fit in Seventh son as a second song
LOALW in Xfactor for sure with fortunes of war,look for the truth,aftermath
Hell on Earth could be on Virtual XI and BNW
Death of the celts same Xfactor,Virtual XI, BNW or Book of souls too..
Dont know,its like they were sounding like from 95 to now. Cool album.

Straight link to the video premiere:
I'm not a fan of this kind of videos. TWOTW one was better. The animation of Eddie at the end is pretty cool - they should have made a video with this kind of animation (it would have been similar to the ''Wildest Dreams'' and ''Different World'' videos). Btw, at the end Eddie was playing the Stratego board game, right?

Back