9. The Time Machine
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Hell on Earth

ENCORE:
13. Number of the Beast
14. Run to the Hills
15. Blood Brothers
So you basically want them to play the same song twice in a row ?

Bruce has spoken about how excited he is to play “The Time Machine” live so I think they’ll do it.
Yes. He and Adrian also said that the title track would be a great live song. Nicko wants to play ''The Parchment''. Plus the two singles, one more Harris epic and maybe DOFP too. I doubt about the ballad, but I really hope so. I expect 6/7 songs.
The idea of playing the entire 'Senjutsu' is something that Bruce wants a lot,
Nicko also wants to play the whole album live. He said it in a recent interview.

You have misunderstood. Bruce has talked about playing the full album live, but in the interview you mention he was talking about next years LOTB tour. That's what they have sold tickets for, and they are gonna honour that.
If he (or the band) were more eager to play new material, they'd not continue the original plan.

I'd be very happy if they played the whole album, it's always a shame when a song isn't played at all and is forgotten. Makes you wonder how those songs would respond to a live setting.

Having said that, I kinda doubt that the whole album will be played. If I had to guess I'd say something like this (everything is my opinion of course):

Basically guaranteed:
Senjutsu (it's a title track)
Stratego (Single)
The Writing On The Wall (Single)
Hell On Earth (based on fan consensus)

Could go either way:
Days Of Future Past (fantastic song, short rocker, but The Alchemist for example wasn't played live either)
Darkest Hour (Wasting Love, Journeyman, Out Of The Shadows, Coming Home were all played live and it isn't very demanding vocally)
The Time Machine (Every Gers/Harris epic since BNW was played live, so this one has good chances too)
Death Of The Celts (while it is my least favorite of the Harris epics this time round, it seems to be rather popular and it isn't very vocally demanding either)

Won't be played:
Lost In A Lost World (I love this song a lot, but it seems to be one of the least liked songs of the whole album and if they aren't gonna play the whole album at least one of the epics won't be played for sure)
The Parchment (it's a great track and Nicko seems to want to play it, but for some reason I can't see them playing this one)

If he (or the band) were more eager to play new material, they'd not continue the original plan.
They’re only finishing the tour next year (unless other issues with COVID arise). According to Bruce, they want to give the fans what they paid for and then do a real tour for Senjutsu.

They’re only finishing the tour next year (unless other issues with COVID arise). According to Bruce, they want to give the fans what they paid for and then do a real tour for Senjutsu.
And if I understood correctly, the following Senjutsu Tour would be shorter than originally envisioned to catch up with their pre-covid plans.

It'd be interesting to see if after the Senjutsu tour, no matter how it turns out, another nostalgia/history/LOTB kind of tour will follow, as they usually do, or if, because of the lengthy LOTB tour and the pandemic they'll try to write a new album sooner. According to Bruce the band had booked a studio to write and record another album, but changed their minds at the last second. Enthusiasm to continue still seems to be there.

Each morning I wake up with a different song from the album stuck in my head. This morning is Lost In A Lost World.

I think Days of Future Past should be played live- the chorus is just shouting (hehehe) for some great fan participation.

They’re only finishing the tour next year. According to Bruce, they want to give the fans what they paid for and then do a real tour for Senjutsu.
True. And they might add 1-2 songs from the new album. Then straight into the album tour (in September/October, I guess).

Bruce said that the album tour could be shorter - October 2022-February/March 2023, for example. They can write the 18th album 'til the end of 2023 and then release it in 2024 (with a tour 'til 2025 - their 50th Anniversary). Unless they want to do another Classics tour after Senjutsu, but they seem to be enthusiastic for another album... I mean, they had booked a studio.

I'd be very happy if they played the whole album, it's always a shame when a song isn't played at all and is forgotten. Makes you wonder how those songs would respond to a live setting.

Having said that, I kinda doubt that the whole album will be played. If I had to guess I'd say something like this (everything is my opinion of course):

Basically guaranteed:
Senjutsu (it's a title track)
Stratego (Single)
The Writing On The Wall (Single)
Hell On Earth (based on fan consensus)

Could go either way:
Days Of Future Past (fantastic song, short rocker, but The Alchemist for example wasn't played live either)
Darkest Hour (Wasting Love, Journeyman, Out Of The Shadows, Coming Home were all played live and it isn't very demanding vocally)
The Time Machine (Every Gers/Harris epic since BNW was played live, so this one has good chances too)
Death Of The Celts (while it is my least favorite of the Harris epics this time round, it seems to be rather popular and it isn't very vocally demanding either)

Won't be played:
Lost In A Lost World (I love this song a lot, but it seems to be one of the least liked songs of the whole album and if they aren't gonna play the whole album at least one of the epics won't be played for sure)
The Parchment (it's a great track and Nicko seems to want to play it, but for some reason I can't see them playin
those 4 for sure. I dont see death of the celts in the setlist. Maybe darkest hour but i Would prefer LOALW or TM

True. And they might add 1-2 songs from the new album. Then straight into the album tour (in September/October, I guess).

Bruce said that the album tour could be shorter - October 2022-February/March 2023, for example. They can write the 18th album 'til the end of 2023 and then release it in 2024 (with a tour 'til 2025 - their 50th Anniversary). Unless they want to do another Classics tour after Senjutsu, but they seem to be enthusiastic for another album... I mean, they had booked a studio.
Info?

The idea of playing the entire 'Senjutsu' is something that Bruce wants a lot, as he said in his interview for Rock Hard France in july. And I must admit that I'm not against this plan. :)

I would travel half the earth for that. But at 82' running time, it sounds quite difficult. Assuming that Senjutsu, Stratego & Writing are givens, I would be the happiest of Maidenfans if they added as a minimum Darkest Hour, Pankrement & Hell on Earth to those.

Hell on Earth for opener!

Just imagine.. 3 1/2 minutes build up and crowd goes crazy up and down for the rest 6!!

How do you know they have booked a studio?

Imagine this pure perfection of a tour:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. Death of the Celts
6. The Writing on the Wall
7. The Trooper
8. Lost in a Lost World
9. The Time Machine
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Hell on Earth

ENCORE:
13. Number of the Beast
14. Run to the Hills
15. Blood Brothers

We have a subforum for setlist fanfiction.

Imagine this pure perfection of a tour:

1. Senjutsu
2. Stratego
3. 2 Minutes to Midnight
4. The Clansman
5. Death of the Celts
6. The Writing on the Wall
7. The Trooper
8. Lost in a Lost World
9. The Time Machine
10. The Parchment
11. Fear of the Dark
12. Hell on Earth

ENCORE:
13. Number of the Beast
14. Run to the Hills
15. Blood Brothers
No Iron Maiden? Never going to happen.

According to a member of a french FB group about Maiden, Bruce will do an interview on the french TV today at 7:45 pm CET on M6 for the TV news 19.45. :)

Back