Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Hi everyone.Have been visiting this forum for years now but due to a bit of shyness and a lack of technical knowledge about forums and computers in general it has taken this long to make an introduction.
I'm 48 years old,from The Hague,Holland and have been a fan of the band since 1988 (first album,first concert).
The upcoming release will be the 11th time experiencing those feelings of great anticipation,exicitement..well you all know how it feels.Reading the various positive reviews certainly adds even more to it.Just can't resist reading them although I would certainly not be tempted by a leak (if I would be able to download it in the first place).
For most of us around here still a couple of days to go.Wish you all a very enjoyable ride and cherish the moments!
Welcome my friend. Well said. I am definitely trying to cherish this special time. There's no certainty it will happen again. The wait before the beautiful dawn of a new Maiden album.

My final thoughts and predictions before the album comes out...

The tracks I'm looking forward to the most are definitely Senjutsu, The Time Machine and Hell on Earth. I also have a good feeling about Days of Future Past. I already know TWotW and Stratego are fantastic, so if the songs I mentioned meet my expectations, then the album is a win already.

When it comes to Steve's epics, I'm excited, but also a little bit nervous. I don't like TRatB, so I really hope Steve was in a better mindset creatively when writing for Senjutsu. With 3 epics in a row, the optimistic part of me can't imagine them not being different enough and worthwhile. Fingers crossed.

Based on some vague descriptions (as well as placement etc.) I'd say my expectations are the lowest for Lost in a Lost World and Darkest Hour. I expect both tracks to be sort of breaks between more hard-hitting songs. I've read Darkest Hour is a power ballad/Coming Home type of thing and there's that much you can do with this formula. But then it all depends on the melodies, so we'll see.

Overall, I'm very excited and I firmly believe this is going to be at least the best album since AMoLaD. I became a fan somewhere around 2007 and this is the first time the singles from an upcoming album made such a big impression on me. El Dorado and Speed of Light are OK tracks at best (and TFF is great) but TWotW and Stratego are both incredible, so there's a legitimate reason to be optimistic IMO.

It's been a really fun time of anticipation since TWotW started to be teased (the 6-year gap not so much). I just hope this was not the last ride! Can't wait for Friday - or Saturday in my case - and I'm really looking forward to all the dissecting that will take place this forum.

The album is called art of war. Just not in english.
The album title should have been in English - they obviously went with something different, but The Art Of War sounds better than Senjutsu (although it means the same thing) imo. I started to like it a bit more.

I mean the forum policy seems pretty clear and (more importantly) not up for debate. Even if you could not wait the 2 days until the official release, is it really such an issue to wait 2 days before posting about it?
I guess it's more the issue of losing immediate reactions from those who decide to listen to it. I understand the leak policy, but at the same time is seems silly to ignore the planet-sized elephant in the room in a forum dedicated to Maiden.

I guess it's more the issue of losing immediate reactions from those who decide to listen to it. I understand the leak policy, but at the same time is seems silly to ignore the planet-sized elephant in the room in a forum dedicated to Maiden.
Eh, people will still be reacting to it a decade from now. I don't think two days is a big loss.

We're not ignoring it, we are merely thanking you for understanding that we would not like to get into legal trouble.

This is the happiest I've been in years!!
This is great time and moment. I've waited for this release for so long an also missed the feelings that it brought on me. Every new Maiden album has done similar things and Im happy to be here with the rest of you to experience it.
Im forever grateful to Steve Harris and Iron Maiden, without him there wouldn't be Maiden and also if there never was Maiden in my life, it would so dull and boring. They are unique.

Back