Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

You know what? We should spend the rest of this week writing the lyrics for a parody album! We could call it Single Click of a Seventeenth Leak, with the story being something like:
  • Someone finds a leak
  • Debates what to do
  • Clicks on it and downloads it
  • Posts it to Maidenfans
  • The link gets deleted and they get banned
  • Someone else sees the link before it's deleted
  • The cycle begins again
@Diesel 11, @Belshazzar, what do you think?
And @Josh too. I'm in, but apart from the parody songs, stop the general chitchat about leaks because if we don't the mods are going to have a heart attack and shut this place down.

Imagine the band using all this downtime to work on new songs. And maybe suddenly surprise the shit out of everyone with another new album next year.
For a a creative band like maiden 2 years is a long time. Im sure there are ideas floating around. This won't be there last album. But it will still be 2024 at the earliest.

D7A33CF6532044D587B6256915796A8D.gif

For a a creative band like maiden 2 years is a long time. Im sure there are ideas floating around. This won't be there last album. But it will still be 2024 at the earliest.

One could argue that 4+ years (time between recording The Book of Souls and Senjutsu) is a pretty long time for a creative band…

I’d be very surprised if there is another studio album before they call it a day, especially considering the very long nostalgia tours (3 calendar years or longer) in between the tours supporting new albums.

We've all lived through several hundred weeks without having listened to Senjutsu - what's the harm in waiting for just one more?
There is no harm. I would even find it funny if it was delayed until October. But once it's out there, I can understand that people don't want to wait any longer. We are long overdue new Maiden by now.

One could argue that 4+ years (time between recording The Book of Souls and Senjutsu) is a pretty long time for a creative band…

I’d be very surprised if there is another studio album before they call it a day, especially considering the very long nostalgia tours (3 calendar years or longer) in between the tours supporting new albums.
There is no certainty they are going to do a nostalgia tour after Senjutsu tour is over, they might break that with a more traditional back to back album tours, with a brief summer tour inbetween them not a 3 year world tour dedicated to a best of set

Back