Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Damn wish it was on LOTB, Bruce Dickinson's audition is the best version of this song, the Maiden England one too
I'm surprised they didn't go with the Undercity (or whatever it's called) theme for the encores. Just play stuff from the first two records for the final three songs. Challenge Mode: Running Free or Sanctuary can't be one of them.

Except the point of many here that simply want to hear the songs as soon as possible is that we’ve already paid for 8 different versions of the apples.

so by this logic if I see a movie in the theater I am entitled to a download of the same movie?

tell that one to the feds.

so by this logic if I see a movie in the theater I am entitled to a download of the same movie?

tell that one to the feds.
If Amazon delivered the album to you today by mistake would you seriously not listen to it? I’m starting to think some of you would wait until precisely 12:01 am on September 3. For those of us that have already purchased multiple copies of this record I don’t see the harm in listening if something leaks out. I realize many will download it and unfortunately never purchase it which I certainly acknowledge is an entirely different matter.

In the 80s when I saved up to buy vinyl (SSoASS or LAD being two purchases) I’d record the vinyl straight on to cassette/tape and then pretty soon it would be taped for another mate and another until the whole group had a copy. Then someone would buy another vinyl and we’d do the same thing. It’s not like every young fan purchased every single release. Bands were aware of this, it was a key part of discovering music. I’m sure they were doing the same thing. That’s how music got “out there” tape trading…that’s how you discovered new bands. Receiving a mix tape of bands like King Diamond, Anthrax, Destruction got me into metal. My first exposure to Maiden was a taped version of NOTB and LAD…without those unpaid for experiences I probably wouldn’t have got into Maiden and ended up spending the thousands of dollars on future albums, gigs and merch. And then by extension spend cash on guitars and amps and festival tickets and airfares and going to pub gigs to see smaller bands etc.

If a leak gets people excited and brings new fans to Maiden and to metal in general then that’s pretty cool to me.If you’re going to pinch an apple every now and then be sure to plant the core and let it grow!

Not condoning leaks, just saying that I’m guilty of tape trading and I reckon it’s benefitted bands longterm rather than hurt them. And started me off on a lifetime metal journey.

I’m with you @Travis The Dragon . Have had quite a weekend already with a serious hospitalisation of a parent and I’m just ready to hear the album now (or next week, either way works fine).

Of course I’d abide by the forums rules but feel no guilt whatsoever in listening to a leak until the offical version is released.

I’m with you @Travis The Dragon . Have had quite a weekend already with a serious hospitalisation of a parent and I’m just ready to hear the album now (or next week, either way works fine).

Of course I’d abide by the forums rules but feel no guilt whatsoever in listening to a leak until the offical version is released.
Hope all works out fine.

I am quite surprised that it hasn't leaked. As someone said earlier, perhaps there is no monetary incentive to do it.

If Amazon delivered the album to you today by mistake would you seriously not listen to it? I’m starting to think some of you would wait until precisely 12:01 am on September 3. For those of us that have already purchased multiple copies of this record I don’t see the harm in listening if something leaks out.

Right. Anyone on these forums who contributes and downloads a leak without buying the record should be given an attitude and the thumbs down. But I have a feeling there is nobody here like that. We all love Maiden and we all want to hear this thing and we all either pre-ordered or buying on iTunes day one or whatever. I will never feel guilty for listening to a leak if it happens. I ordered the vinyl already. Let the anti-leak ones judge me for being a bad boy. I don't care.

@Josh happy to be considered a bad boy too. I am at peace with my questionable morals in regards to leaks.
New review! Iron Maiden outdoes themselves with a new classic!

Enjoyed this review. I’m really intrigued to hear Lost in a Lost World. Wonder why Harry chose to separate this of his four epics and place it early in the track list…

Back