Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

How can Iron Maiden control that the local record stores don't hand out or sell copies prior to the release date? I mean, the big stores might register the sales in their system, but the small shops might not. Are Iron Maiden able to control this at all and which restrictions might they have towards the record stores which let go of the copies too early?

How can Iron Maiden control that the local record stores don't hand out or sell copies prior to the release date? I mean, the big stores might register the sales in their system, but the small shops might not. Are Iron Maiden able to control this at all and which restrictions might they have towards the record stores which let go of the copies too early?
There is a system controlling the sales : it's the barcode. This barcode records the sales in the stores databases, it means the kind of product, its name, when it has been sold, etc. Moreover, there are some CDs which are watermarked, so maybe each store receives watermarked albums than identifies it. So, that's why even small stores can be identified by the band and its management if the album is leaked on the internet before its official release date.

Honestly, I would welcome a more upbeat album. With the songs in the vein of Running Free and Sanctuary. When the world is in such depressing state, the band could move in opposite direction. To hell with darkness.
I think Running Free is perfect song for the encore. Relaxed and audience friendly, same as Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

Last edited:
Honestly, I would welcome a more upbeat album. With the songs in the vein of Running Free and Sanctuary. When the world is in such depressing state, the band could move in opposite direction. To hell with darkness.
Well they did the album before COVID. On the other hand they are over 60...what did you expect? :)

I bought BNW three days prior to release in a small shop back in the day. Don’t think it’s possible to get away with that now since everything is tracked and registered in a better way.

Well CD1 looks to be slightly more upbeat than CD2. There should be a spoken part at the end of CD1 with Bruce: "Are you sure that you want to continue?" :)

I also heard BNW 4 days before the official release from an official CD. The CD is out there. People have access to it ( WITHOUT BREAKING THE LAW)

I also heard BNW 4 days before the official release from an official CD. The CD is out there. People have access to it ( WITHOUT BREAKING THE LAW)
Yeah, but I didn’t upload it to the interweb or burned copies of it to people :)

Well they did the album before COVID. On the other hand they are over 60...what did you expect? :)
The trick is to operate out of the box. If they would release an album "grass is green, sun is shining bright, golden years, and to the stars" we all would be shitin' bricks, because it would be so out of the blue (of course, if music would be great). :D

• Haha
Reactions: Gk1
Says the guy speaking for "music fans"
At what point anywhere in my post did I say I speak for anyone else? Anywhere?

In fact, I said the opposite - that people don't speak for others.

So maybe read what I fucking write before saying I wrote something I didn't.

grass is green, sun is shining bright, golden years, and to the stars
The grass is green and the sun is shining bright
Your golden years hang on the wind
And to the stars, a paradise
You lost when the hard times set in

The days of future past...

Back