Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Was thinking exactly the same. If a non fan/not dedicated fan gives it a 6/10 it’s a killer album.
And, complaining about keys and minor/major? All of Maiden’s albums have been standard tuning and E/A/D minor with the occasional major thrown in. YouTube heroes go nuts when it’s in C# minor, but they haven’t realized that it’s only downtuned and actually played as in E-minor all along. God give me strength….
I get your point, but downtuning is a perfectly valid way to change key. It's an easy way to create variety in a record if you're like 99% of all metal bands and primarily write in E minor (like Maiden does). Plus, speaking in real world terms, most of those metal bands aren't playing or writing in E since their guitars are always downtuned to begin with, in chasing some notion of heaviness while failing to grasp that you can be heavy as fuck in E standard if you know how to write heavy riffs that sound good.

I get your point, but downtuning is a perfectly valid way to change key. It's an easy way to create variety in a record if you're like 99% of all metal bands and primarily write in E minor (like Maiden does). Plus, speaking in real world terms, most of those metal bands aren't playing or writing in E since their guitars are always downtuned to begin with, in chasing some notion of heaviness while failing to grasp that you can be heavy as fuck in E standard if you know how to write heavy riffs that sound good.
Don’t disagree with you at all. In fact, Maiden might benefit dropping down to D#, but what bugs me is that YouTube-reactions often make a big thing about bands playing in “special keys” when they actually are playing the same thing as Maiden does, only a couple of steps down. I myself have been playing both standard, D# and D (and the occasion C# and drop A seven string and even eight string) and the same songs sound really different depending on what key you’ve tuned your instrument in. The perfect balance for me usually lands on D#. Both heavy and clarity.

This is nonsense. No, with music streaming platforms, piracy is not a problem anymore (whether these platforms are paying fair share to the musicians is another thing).
And you can't compare stuff like that. Not everything is that simple.

Streaming legally (albeit paying peanuts to the creators) is one thing; downloading an illegal link is completely different and as morally justifiable as grabbing the apples from the greengrocers and not paying for them.

Which side are you on?

TBOS minus that part minus first 2 minutes of EOTC minus extended solo of that song minus annoying chorus of When the River Runs Deep = a perfect album.
Minus the first half of BOS, most of DOG as well. WTRRD is the worst song on BOS easily. Overall a great album.
Both WOTW and Stratego would improve BOS.

Streaming legally (albeit paying peanuts to the creators) is one thing; downloading an illegal link is completely different and as morally justifiable as grabbing the apples from the greengrocers and not paying for them.

Which side are you on?
Except the point of many here that simply want to hear the songs as soon as possible is that we’ve already paid for 8 different versions of the apples.

Back