Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I can't believe we actually spent the last 5 pages or more discussing the morality of listening to leaks without even a leak coming out lol
I actually find this a lot more interesting than the constant yelps of impatience and the repeated "wHeN iS teh lEaK coMinG?"

Baldurs Gate for example. But they didnt give you box etc. That's why they could cut the prices so much. And that was around 2000 - 2001
That sounds reasonable! Meanwhile, when it comes to video games, I live in a country where Nintendo has no official presence and the only RPG's people play are emulated GBA and DS Pokemon games.

Adding insult to injury, most of the album is in one and the same minor key

A little rant:

The guy is entitled to his opinion... I just think it's crazy that the key to the songs is a judging item.

My God, 99% of metal records use the same key (or the variation below to sound heavier)

Remembering that when Maiden do "progressive music" it's not about constantly changing pitch/tempo/keys, but INSERTING MULTIPLE MEMORABLE MELODY IN THE SAME PIECE!

Unfortunately I've been noticing - especially on YouTubers - that changing keys is somehow a victory in itself.... Even though by the end of the song in question you've already forgotten the beginning.

Last edited:
1988 was the same year I became a fan and I’m one of the ones that’s trying to get every copy. As I’ve gotten older, and make a little more money, I realized that the physical aspect of music is going away. I miss holding a product in my hand and looking at it. So now, for my favorite bands, I’ve become a collector. I don’t even have a record player yet, but I love collecting Maiden vinyls because where else is that artwork gonna be so big and bold? And with Senjutsu having several versions that look amazing, how can I not want them all? I don’t think it’s weird to feel like you want to own a small piece of that which interests you. I also don’t think it’s weird to stand back and go “my, that’s a lot of copies of Senjutsu, is that necessary?” Just different strokes.

The biggest irony? I might unwrap my Senjutsu editions but I’ll likely never play them. Instead I’ll find a high quality rip and put them with the rest of my MP3 library and listen that way. I don’t do steaming stuff, it rubs me the wrong way, but I do have 100s of gigs of archived music all of the best quality I can find and either play it straight from my computer, or put it on a thumb drive to be played in my car.
You're absolutely right. The artwork is definitely better presented on vinyls. One of my all-time favorites is Rainbow Rising, which is just not the same on CD.

I've never collected things just for the sake of collecting them, but I don't have a problem with people doing so. Growing older, I tend to spend a lot more money on European comics than on music. I used to buy a lot more music, when I was younger. These days, the old bands don't release music on a regular basis (and unfortunately not in the same standard) and I don't really have interest in newer bands around.

I guess that you plan to unwrap your Senjutsu editions to enjoy the layout and read the lyrics, so it's funny that you don't play or listen to them, as it is bound to make the whole experience a lot more intense. :)

A little rant:

The guy is entitled to his opinion... I just think it's crazy that the key to the songs is a judging item.

My God, 99% of metal records use the same key (or the variation below to sound heavier)

Remembering that when Maiden do "progressive music" it's not about constantly changing pitch/tempo/keys, but INSERTING MULTIPLE MEMORABLE MELODY IN THE SAME PIECE!

Unfortunately I've been noticing - especially on YouTubers - that changing keys is somehow a victory in itself.... Even though by the end of the song in question you've already forgotten the beginning.
Actually it doesn’t bother me at all if a non-fan isn’t into it.

Last edited:
Actually it does’t bother me at all if a non-fan isn’t into it.
Was thinking exactly the same. If a non fan/not dedicated fan gives it a 6/10 it’s a killer album.
And, complaining about keys and minor/major? All of Maiden’s albums have been standard tuning and E/A/D minor with the occasional major thrown in. YouTube heroes go nuts when it’s in C# minor, but they haven’t realized that it’s only downtuned and actually played as in E-minor all along. God give me strength….

Last edited:
You're absolutely right. The artwork is definitely better presented on vinyls. One of my all-time favorites is Rainbow Rising, which is just not the same on CD.

I've never collected things just for the sake of collecting them, but I don't have a problem with people doing so. Growing older, I tend to spend a lot more money on European comics than on music. I used to buy a lot more music, when I was younger. These days, the old bands don't release music on a regular basis (and unfortunately not in the same standard) and I don't really have interest in newer bands around.

I guess that you plan to unwrap your Senjutsu editions to enjoy the layout and read the lyrics, so it's funny that you don't play or listen to them, as it is bound to make the whole experience a lot more intense. :)
I still listen to them just the same, just not a physical media. I can hold my vinyl up the to light and listen to it at the same time!

Back