Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

It isn't an official single?
why is it there then
It’s definitely an official single. I own a copy of it. It wasn’t released on vinyl but there’s a CD and bonus tracks and all that.

As for leaking: I hope the album doesn’t leak because if it does I’ll absolutely listen to it and not feel the least bit bad. I’ve got 4 or 5 copies pre-ordered and none will arrive on the 3rd, meaning that at a certain point, waiting for the album is arbitrary.

That said, I’ll not be “reviewing,” spoiling, or sharing what I find. But yea, I hope it doesn’t leak. I’ve got a long weekend and a pair of Ed Phones waiting to have Steve’s new album pumped into my skull. I might even order a pizza and pleasure myself to Steve’s music. But if I do, I’ll make sure everyone knows it.

Is anyone around here on a Priest forum or any other big band and witness such a diversity and tension about a new coming album? :p

There is no problem with listening to a leak if you have ordered album. But going then to a forum and talk about songs that others didnt yet had a chance to hear because they are waiting for official release is simply not cool.

And then there is this little 'legal' thingy. No ona want to see this forum go down because of stupid leak hours before official release

The main problem with leaks is that too many people do not value music and do not pay for it.

I am tempted to go to my local greengrocers tomorrow and tell the owners that I am going to get their produce for free and see what they think…

"The way things are, we are made to wait half an hour for the first touch of up-tempo (“Days of future past”) and yet another thirty minutes for the second (“The parchment”)."

Well they missed Stratego for sure as track number 2 LOL

"Where is the bouncy energy of “The Clairvoyant” or “Heaven can wait”?

Back in 86 and 88 when the band weren't in their 60s.

The main problem with leaks is that too many people do not value music and do not pay for it.

I am tempted to go to my local greengrocers tomorrow and tell the owners that I am going to get their produce for free and see what they think…
This is nonsense. No, with music streaming platforms, piracy is not a problem anymore (whether these platforms are paying fair share to the musicians is another thing).
And you can't compare stuff like that. Not everything is that simple.

I totally agree with you, but on this specific case I think 99.9% of us have bought the album. And to expand this a little further, even if there's piracy and piracy's bad, nowadays the fact that the access to music has become much easier (and I'm not even talking piracy here, but streaming services), most bands benefit from that more than in the past regarding live concerts, so it evens out a little bit.

Piracy is not a problem in some parts of the world. But I don't know a single person from my country who pays for streaming services.

"The way things are, we are made to wait half an hour for the first touch of up-tempo (“Days of future past”) and yet another thirty minutes for the second (“The parchment”)."

Well they missed Stratego for sure as track number 2 LOL
I think by up-tempo they meant something very energetic or fast.

And people are just buying albums in your country? Or not buying them at all?
Not buying at all.
Because this bugs me a lot, I actually make a point of asking people when was the last time they paid for music in any format and the majority just look confused and typically answer "Never". People use YouTube, free Spotify, or just torrents.

Not buying at all.
Because this bugs me a lot, I actually make a point of asking people when was the last time they paid for music in any format and the majority just look confused and typically answer "Never". People use YouTube, free Spotify, or just torrents.
Sounds like your country is poor and no one would buy the albums anyway (so, the band wouldn't make money anyway). "Free" spotify and youtube still means ad revenue and money for the bands.

Problem with leak etc. Is that only works in one way. People are ok when they copy someones work, they have so many reasons. But somehow they are very angry when someone do the same for them. Imagine that your coworker copied your raport etc. Signed as his own. You would not accept that. But yet so many people download music/movies and use them as their own.

"Free" spotify and youtube still means ad revenue and money for the bands.
Gee, thanks. :rolleyes: I know that. Concert tickets and merch do so too, and fans would buy those too, but that wasn't the point, was it? We were talking about piracy. But I guess your country is rich and that doesn't concern you.

Gee, thanks. :rolleyes: I know that. Concert tickets and merch do so too, and fans would buy those too, but that wasn't the point, was it? We were talking about piracy. But I guess your country is rich and that doesn't concern you.
Yeah it wasn't my point at all. If people in your country can't afford albums, they wouldn't have bought them even if they weren't available on the Internet for free. So in the end they're not "really" stealing, as the band lost nothing. And this is why some previous comparison to stealing food from a grocery store does not fit at all (it wasn't made by you).

I will focus only on the positive aspects of this review:

- spooky acoustic intro in ''Lost In A Lost World''.
- 70's feel in ''The Time Machine''.
- picturesque lyrics in ''Darkest Hour'' (described as semi-ballad).
- acoustic guitars/bass throughout in ''Death Of The Celts''.
- ''Hell On Earth'' is dark and moody.

The standout tracks for this reviewer are ''Lost In A Lost World'' and ''The Time Machine''.

''The lyrics are thought-provoking throughout and the guitar solos truly entertaining''.

Last edited:
Back