Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Stratego is IMO one of the better short tracks they've written since the Brave New World album. It almost pains me now that Senjutsu doesn't contain more than two short songs if they are as good as this. Now we just need the long tracks to be of the same standard as the long tracks on BNW too and this album is golden!
They must have gone with the strongest songs regardless of length. Better to have 2/2 amazing short rockers than 2/4. Reviews suggest epics are going to be equally amazing, especially Hell on Earth, Death of the Celts and The Time machine.

They must have gone with the strongest songs regardless of length. Better to have 2/2 amazing short rockers than 2/4. Reviews suggest epics are going to be equally amazing, especially Hell on Earth, Death of the Celts and The Time machine.

Honestly I hoped one of Aarys epics was released as a single.

Ya, if only Maiden would pull a Blind Guardian!

Look no harm in experimenting. Would have been their first time that they’ve launched a long single prior to album release. But hey just 11 more days. It’s gonna hurt listening on spotify since CDs don’t exist where I live. Will wait 2 weeks for my preorder to arrive assuming Covid doesn’t shit on us again.

What's the point in being on a fan forum if you can't critique your favourite band's new music? Especially when there are obvious flaws in production that wouldn't fly with other bands.
I’m gonna use your post as an example, so bear with me. There’s nothing wrong or negative with your post per se but it’s short enough I can use it to point out two things:

1. You absolutely have the right to critique Maiden’s decisions or music or whatever. It’s a fan forum and your opinion is just as valid whether it’s negative or positive. Whether I agree or not, I’ll always defend your right to state your mind.

2. That said, there’s a “catch” in your post that illustrates what a lot of folks are pointing out: you state “obvious flaws in production” as though it’s a universal fact. This isn’t an objective issue.

It’d be like me saying “there’s lots of great bands out in the world but obviously Iron Maiden is the best.” No matter how positive or negative I am, I’m wrong the instant I declare my POV as anything but subjective.

I welcome yours and anyone else’s posts even if I don’t agree. It’s what makes us fans and adults. It’s only the declaration of something subjective as fact that rubs some folks, me included, the wrong way.

Lastly, I hope you don’t mind me using your post as an example. I used it specifically because it’s so benign that it could be a hard thing to “catch.”

So.

What have people pre ordered? I've ordered the black vinyl set. I'm somewhat tempted to get the standard box set out of novelty, but will probably not. Had it included the vinyl I would have jumped at it, though.
I went to order the Senjutsu Album Tee this week to discover they didn't have XL sizes available anymore. No M or L either. Not knowing if they will make more available, I ordered a 2XL hoping it may shrink a bit and not look ridiculously too big. I just hope they make more available.

So.

What have people pre ordered? I've ordered the black vinyl set. I'm somewhat tempted to get the standard box set out of novelty, but will probably not. Had it included the vinyl I would have jumped at it, though.
Can't remember if I responded to this, but currently I've got the Red Vinyl, Silver Vinyl, Regular Box Set, and 2CD deluxe book formats pre-ordered. I'll probably also get the Black Vinyl as well in case I actually buy a record player one day.

Can't remember if I responded to this, but currently I've got the Red Vinyl, Silver Vinyl, Regular Box Set, and 2CD deluxe book formats pre-ordered. I'll probably also get the Black Vinyl as well in case I actually buy a record player one day.
I am not sure exactly when I will get mine delivered (T-shirt and Deluxe Boxset). I ordered the boxset through amazon and t shirt directly through their website. I am guessing shipping to asia will take 1-2 weeks

I had to settle with "just" the bookcase CD & black vinyl, but to be honest, that's pretty much all I'd really want anyway. Going with the vinyl for first listen.

Listened to both, Stratego and The Writing on the Wall yesterday and they sounded very, very good to my ear. Often mentioned "production issues" aside, the gallop and Bruce delivering Ocean is black the devil’s track - looking beyond beneath the sea! just makes me grin happily. So amazing to get an album of new Maiden music and hopefully seeing the band live within a year...

This late summer hasn't been too great for me personally, so this is definitely making everything better. I also have my annual vacation in September.

It's going to be amazing.

I would welcome entire album based on different literature works.
As a young bear chasing honey
With your wooden spoon so mighty
Tigger's bouncing, piglet's funny and
The Backsun is a beast
Times change very quickly
Winter's coming early
Owl's house lies in ruins
Eyeore's tail's at your feet

You'll fly as you did with balloons in the sky
Hit a tree, every branch on the way down
You live for the taste for the feel of the meal
One bear, and his honey

The sound of buzzing heaven
The sweetest hives at last
As you bump and bounce, ignoring
Christopher Robin's calls
He taught you all he ever knew
You feared not getting fat
But now you're stuck, not in, not out
Until you're thin again

One bear, and his honey

Caught up in a hole in the ground
One bear, fat and round

One bear, fat and round

As a young bear chasing honey
With your wooden spoon so mighty
Tigger's bouncing, piglet's funny and
The Backsun is a beast
Times change very quickly
Winter's coming early
Owl's house lies in ruins
Eyeore's tail's at your feet

One bear, and his honey

The sound of buzzing heaven
The sweetest hives at last
As you bump and bounce, ignoring
Christopher Robin's calls
He taught you all he ever knew
You feared not getting fat
But now you're stuck, not in, not out
Until you're thin again

One bear, and his honey

One bear, fat and round

One bear, fat and round
Man, i sang the whole text in my head xD

Reviews suggest epics are going to be equally amazing, especially Hell on Earth, Death of the Celts and The Time machine.
I want to get a point of reference for these reviews. What were reviewers saying about The Red and the Black, The Book of Souls, and Empire of the Clouds prior to the release of The Book of Souls?

I'm quite interested in the title track. Opening the album with those war drums and going into a heavy groove reminiscent of industrial/tool style stuff from what the reviews say. I don't think it'll be like anything we've heard from Maiden before.
Really excited about the opening as well, but I'm wondering what those two reviewers was actually trying to reference, because I have a hard time combining Tool to industrial. You think he was referring to the small interludes between proper Tool songs, you know, the ones we always skip?

I want to get a point of reference for these reviews. What were reviewers saying about The Red and the Black, The Book of Souls, and Empire of the Clouds prior to the release of The Book of Souls?

How about hanging on a little longer and finding it out for yourself.

How about hanging on a little longer and finding it out for yourself.
I'm trying to adjust my expectations for the album based on currently available evidence.

Also, I'm just curious about how those three TBOS epics were received by reviewers before the album came out.

As far as what will get played live, we can all agree the entire album is most likely out, but maybe instead of the usual 6 songs, they'll do 7 or 8. One reason being that Bruce said he would like to play all of it live. 82 minutes is probably too much though, but more than 6 songs to me is a possibility.
They played 7 songs from TBOS during the two legs, so I expect 6-7 songs again.

If I have to guess, I think only ''Lost In A Lost World'', ''Darkest Hour'' and ''The Parchment'' will not be played.

You have a right to your opinion, whether I agree or not. But TBH if I see where someone seems to only post negative opinions I'm going to start tuning that person out I'm afraid.

Really excited about the opening as well, but I'm wondering what those two reviewers was actually trying to reference, because I have a hard time combining Tool to industrial. You think he was referring to the small interludes between proper Tool songs, you know, the ones we always skip?
This song seems to be unlike anything in the maiden catalogue and yet strong enough for maiden to consider it as an album opener and a title track. Super curious about it.

Back