Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Imagine how crazy it would have been if the album leaked in 2019? No album announcement, no advance singles, no advance reviews....just suddenly there would have been a new album to listen to.
Well not a leak per se, but Avenged Sevenfold released The Stage out of nowhere. They posted a song online and released the Album right with it without promotion and nobody knew anything about it. Kind of cool actually

Just 11 days to premiere day and promotion of the album is generally poor. Some interviews in magazines, some cover stories and that's all. Comparing that situation with 2015 - nothing to compare as I noticed. Weird maybe Warner doesn't want to invest in this album...

Just 11 days to premiere day and promotion of the album is generally poor. Some interviews in magazines, some cover stories and that's all. Comparing that situation with 2015 - nothing to compare as I noticed. Weird maybe Warner doesn't want to invest in this album...
What kind of promotion do you want ? Run TV ads on BBC or Front Cover of the Sun?!

Back from a weekend out of town. I haven't been able to listen Stratego nearly as much as TWOTW but I do have to say right now I think TWOTW is a better song. I do love hearing the Maiden gallop though. I'm just hyped to hear the rest of the songs and, like alot of folks, I'm really curious to hear The Parchment and Hell on Earth.

I am not sure. The perception of a promotion can be different to everyone, but from their point of view, TWOTW video was seen close to 11 million times, 1.5 million for Stratego. Spotify monthly listeners have increased. I assume online marketing metrics should be generally good. Classic channels like printed magazines do not really play anymore, but appeal to a niche segment I guess.

At this stage every big maiden fan on the planet know a new album is coming. The job is done its going to sell well regardless from here.
Many on this board alone pre-ordered all the available formats, so mission accomplished! LOL The rest of the world will stream it anyway.

the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Oh, Chicken Little's back.

I really have no recollection about what happened the months before BOS. Just remember the day I got a leak..of the album that is

- Interviews on the most important metal magazines/sites.
- Half of an entire magazine number dedicated to the album.
- Reviews everywhere.
- Tons of merch and contests.
- Billboards around the world.
- 2 singles.

What are you talking about? The only thing that's missing is probably a TV advertisement, which nobody does because it's a waste of money.

Back