Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

As a general note, we don’t have hard rules about spoiler tags in the album threads. But two things:

1: They have traditionally been used in these threads as common courtesy, try your best to be courteous toward those who don’t want to be spoiled about specific album information.

2: If you really don’t want to be spoiled, I suggest staying out of this thread. People are going to inevitably forget to use spoiler tags or new users are going to come in with spoilers. This is going to heighten as more reviews pop up and when the album inevitably leaks.

Hey guys just wanted to know some stuff. So I live in India and none of the amazons (UK, Germany, Canada) allow for pre orders to India since it’s delivered by amazon itself. I’d like to know if pre orders from 3rd party sellers would be possible. For now I’ve only pre ordered senjutsu from recordshopx in Finland and they’re quite slow based on my past experiences. Thanks.

I don’t understand which review is which!? I mean what is the final score for this one? That’s incredible how much it can differs from people to people about reviews by the way!
Based on all reviews so far it seems like it’s just Reviewer no 4 of metal hammer Germany whose been negative. And seriously read the reviews but trust your own.

So, which production style, album sound do you prefer:
AOB, TCW, TOS or BNW, DOD, AMOLAD, TFF, TBOS?
please, be honest. To me, it's obvious. Bruce's solo material sounds fantastic.
AMOLAD for me among the options is the best production album followed by TOS. Man the drums sound rock solid on TOS and I just love the keyboards on it along with the extra thickness and heaviness in the sound.

For those who are interested, the link below is a review of the new album(if not already posted).

For those who are interested, the link below is a review of the new album(if not already posted).
Posted and discussed to death already haha. FYI, there is a separate thread created by Travis with all reviews published so far:

Thread 'All reviews of Senjutsu WARNING!!! SPOILERS inside!!!' https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/all-reviews-of-senjutsu-warning-spoilers-inside.71841/

Reviewer 4, Metal Hammer Germany:
Iron Maiden seem to have lost certain parts of the audience due to their advanced progressiveness and a tendency to get out of hand already with THE BOOK OF SOULS. Six years later the second double album in the career of the
Brits is by no means a turnaround. Starting with the shanty-like chorus of the introductory title track, the Spanish guitar intro of the first single or the “Lady In Black“ campfire prelude of ”Lost In a Lost World“, the band makes intensified use of global musical folkloric figures, while Dickinson shines with several heroically good vocal melodies (”The Time Machine”). “Death Of The Celts“ is definitely on par with classic Maiden ten-minute epics of the past,
and the part of the song in which Harris' dribbling bass in front of the guitar guitar thunderstorm dominates the stage is applause-worthy. Grumblers point out (not unjustly) the usual musty production of Kevin “Caveman" Shirley or the predominant dwelling in mid-tempo as well as (again not entirely unjustly) the disproportion of ideas and song length. And, yes, admittedly, the creative emptiness of ”The Parchment“ is a dramaturgical stumbling block and a rather aimless string-instrumentalist-bukkake, which was not needed. Especially not because Maiden in ”Hell On Earth“ afterwards have so much more esprit and aplomb, and thus prove with the final that they are despite possible points of criticism in their very own league.
With every review I'm more curious about the title track - shanty-like chorus... sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear it.

The band makes intensified use of global musical folkloric figures - another really curious aspect. Maiden's melodies/harmonies are always great.

I'm glad that ''Death Of The Celts'' gets more praise - I expect this to be a very melodic song with different melodies in it (Blaze era). ''Harris dribbling bass in front of the guitar thunderstorm''... HYPE!!!

''Lost In A Lost World'' will have a huge TXF vibe, methinks.

Despite the bad response for ''The Parchment'', this is one of the most interesting songs to me (given the reviews) - I mean, Powerslave meets TBOS, lots of parts, lack of traditional structures...

-> Basically, all reviews praise every song, so the album should be great.

Last edited:
Back