Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Something curious: they didn't rehearse before they went to the studio - they haven't done that on the last couple of albums.

He had quite a lot of stuff prepared - full demo songs and tons of other ideas.

The album is very dramatic, the production is one of their best, the epics are great and there's a few different styles in it. It would be great live.

But we already heard TWOTW. We do know how the album sounds!!!
Yeah, the big picture. However, individual tracks can be mixed a bit different from one another with more accent on the kick drum, bass etc.

I imagine Rod telling Adrian: "Fans are whining about the sound all the time, come on, do an interview where you must praise the sound on the new album." "OK, but I think we could still add a little more reverb here and there." "No, go ahead and say this is the best album sonically, fans only believe you, not us anymore!"

I imagine Rod telling Adrian: "Fans are whining about the sound all the time, come on, do an interview where you must praise the sound on the new album." "OK, but I think we could still add a little more reverb here and there." "No, go ahead and say this is the best album sonically, fans only believe you, not us anymore!"
Rumor has it that H is really happy with the SUSTAIN on the album too!

1628879097873.png

Interesting to hear H outright say he's happy with the mix. I felt like TWOTW was definitely one of those cases where it really did sound like both him and Steve got their way - the rhythm section is very "live" sounding, while the guitars are more produced and pushed up noticeably compared to some of the previous stuff they've done.

I have TWOTW in hi res 24/96. CDs are 16/44.1. I listen on a Sony hi res walkman, with $500 Sony headphones. Yes, TWOTW has better production that BOS, but not by lots. It has a bit more reverb, not quite as dry which is good. A bit more "punch", not as midrange-y sounding.

I have TWOTW in hi res 24/96. CDs are 16/44.1. I listen on a Sony hi res walkman, with $500 Sony headphones. Yes, TWOTW has better production that BOS, but not by lots. It has a bit more reverb, not quite as dry which is good. A bit more "punch", not as midrange-y sounding.
Let me just tell you 24/96 is bullshit

To your ears, not mine.
Its not about ears, its about science. Human ears have a limited hearing range. 48khz surpasses it. Plus the DAC is an amplifier, and the more frequencies you feed an amplifier thats where you get some pretty nasty intermodulation. Anyways no reason to gatekeep sound, TWOTW is not top shelve audio quality material but it is indeed improved over BOS.

I like it that we already talk about #18 without having heard #17 yet. I REALLY NEED IT TO BE A GOOD ONE THOUGH!!!

Once more went through TWOTW and I am happy with it. coming from someone who has devoted his forum life in bitching this got to mean a lot. Or maybe not that much, who knows???

Back