Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Maybe you guys know....what time would the songs be available on spotify? I guess it would depend on the local time. But are we talking about right after midnight or something?

Maybe you guys know....what time would the songs be available on spotify? I guess it would depend on the local time. But are we talking about right after midnight or something?
Not sure, but TWOTW was released in-sync with the video premiere more or less, maybe a few minutes after that as far as I remember. I think their best interest is to release it ASAP on Spotify too. If I had to wait this long, I would not be bothered with an extra wait on that day if it occurs :)

On Spotify, albums are always released at midnight local time. Therefore, during some hours the album is available in some countries but not in others.

Little update, now I have these on preorder:
Deluxe 2CD Book Format
Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
Special Edition Triple Silver & Black Marble Vinyl
Special Edition Triple Red & Black Marble Vinyl
FC Exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Box
Oh, you got FC box. One of my buddies fcked up like all was sold out while he opening the page) Like soldout in ten seconds) Gonna give another try in the evening)

Just in case you wondered how Japanese music and Japan-inspired lyrics could sound incorporated in modern metal, here is the answer:

I know not many of you are into prog death metal, but this band specifically deserves giving them a chance. This album is from 2009 and is the actual start to stardom for Persefone after 2 albums of more classic death metal. Their next 2 albums are absolute chef-d'oeuvres: Spiritual Migration and Aathma. To me personally Persefone are the biggest gem I found in the 2010's.

And if Maiden have managed to do something like that in the Senjutsu song, I'll be the happiest Maiden-fan in the world.

Just in case you wondered how Japanese music and Japan-inspired lyrics could sound incorporated in modern metal, here is the answer:

I know not many of you are into prog death metal, but this band specifically deserves giving them a chance. This album is from 2009 and is the actual start to stardom for Persefone after 2 albums of more classic death metal. Their next 2 albums are absolute chef-d'oeuvres: Spiritual Migration and Aathma. To me personally Persefone are the biggest gem I found in the 2010's.

And if Maiden have managed to do something like that in the Senjutsu song, I'll be the happiest Maiden-fan in the world.
Sounds interesting! I will need plenty of time to digest all that with proper listening, but thanks for your recommendation!

I really hope ''Darkest Hour'' to be a great song. It's time for another great ballad from Maiden (after ''Wasting Love'') - if the song is like TOTD or MOS from Bruce's solo albums, it will be a classic for sure.
^ A song that has AOB/TCW vibes (written by Smith/Dickinson) sounds very exciting. Even more exciting is that it will be a ballad.

In one of the reviews was mentioned that the title track (written by Smith/Harris) also could be a Bruce solo song - very curious.
2 A.M. is a beautiful ballad, more emotive than Wasting Love, which is great, too.

The album Time I by Wintersun is also an amazing album that is Western metal infused with Japanese flavor.

Of course, Galneryus is also good for proper Japanese metal from Japan.

Reactions: jcv
When several songs in a row (in an album) starting out and ending the same, and if it feels dragging or unnecessary, it is credible to criticise it, imo.
I think this is the reason why some people don't like this approach - not because some songs end with their intros.

I personally like it. It works great in most of the songs.

I was kicking myself last night when I remembered this after posting.

2 even worse endings than the fade out.

The War Pigs change to 45 RPM ending WTF!!!111 :lol: On one of the all time classics no less.

The Kiss Black Diamond change to rarely seen 16 RPM ending :lol: Again fucking up one of their absolute classics.
I'll just say the Black Diamond ending's a lot better live. Explosions and stuff help. :lol:

To the point someone made earlier, I feel the fade out works on Prophecy, but when you're fading out on a chorus or something like that, that's just lazy.

Back