Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Bruce might be talking about the album on his one man shows...

The way he said it, it seems to me that Bruce has to get used to the album's title.
Yeah, as a Japanese learner I can tell his pronunciation is pretty bad.

戦術 is pronounced [sẽ̞ɲ̟d͡ʑɨᵝt͡sɨᵝ] (here's what it sounds like). Bruce stressed the "ju", but Japanese doesn't even have stress accent. It does have pitch accent and 戦術 is pronounced with a "flat" accent pattern, which means that the first mora ("se") has slightly lower pitch and the rest of the word is high/flat. But since there is no stress, each mora (se - n - ju - tsu) has the same length.
Also Bruce said "t" and "s" separately, while it should be a single consonant.

Yeah, as a Japanese learner I can tell his pronunciation is pretty bad.

戦術 is pronounced [sẽ̞ɲ̟d͡ʑɨᵝt͡sɨᵝ] (here's what it sounds like). Bruce stressed the "ju", but Japanese doesn't even have stress accent. It does have pitch accent and 戦術 is pronounced with a "flat" accent pattern, which means that the first mora ("se") has slightly lower pitch and the rest of the word is high/flat. But since there is no stress, each mora (se - n - ju - tsu) has the same length.
Also Bruce said "t" and "s" separately, while it should be a single consonant.

I think we can forgive a Northern British Gentleman in his seventieth decade for not having pronounced Senjutsu in a precise Japanese accent within a particular dialect.

Now when people say Should Of, on the other hand...

Native Swedish speaking, pitch accent is the name of the game... But difficult for anyone whose language does not contain them. Any English speaking person will face great difficulty with them, it's not that Bruce can't pronounce his own album's title.

What it means is basically that the tone changes the meaning rather than stress. Take adress - adress, depending on which syllable you stress (=length of pronunciation), it changes the meaning. Well, in Japanese/Swedish or any other language which has pitch accent, it would be equal length, two-syllable words would ascend or descend in pitch instead.

Just ordered the 2-CD deluxe book edition. I am, due to plans made months ago, away on the day of the release of the - but I'm coming home on the following Sunday and hope to find the album in my mail box ready for my immediate and immense enjoyment.
Same for me. I will be at a convention that weekend. I would rather listen at home so it will be real hard for me to stay away from iTunes.

I'm sorry, too lazy to look up right now. Has there been confirmation yet on everything that's supposed to be on the Blu-ray?

Email to the bosses: I need Sept 3rd off for personal reasons.

Reply: Approved.

:) :) :) :) :)

A new Iron Maiden album deserves a freaking holiday. And it's on a Friday! How cool is that you get all weekend to listen to new Maiden and come here to praise/complain. Life is good. Very good.

A new Iron Maiden album deserves a freaking holiday. And it's on a Friday! How cool is that you get all weekend to listen to new Maiden and come here to praise/complain. Life is good. Very good.
Hopefully no one here will be complaining (meaning album is awesome and everyone loves it). Ah, Hell - who am I kidding? Of course there will be complaining...

Is there any known key for choosing album title? Senjutsu seems like strange coincidence given a) Tokio olympics and b) WotW promotion.

For me it sounds like Bruce wanted to call the album Belshazzar's feast, but Steve has veto voted for Senjutsu

Only complaints are accepted LOL

Back