Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

But Rime was written 30 years before Red and Black and it was one of the first epics ever written in hard/heavy music. Rime is a "game changer" for metal epic tracks

Red and Black is just long not very good song with unsingable lines, silly whoohohoh and copy paste intro from BOTWH

Sorry for offtopic guys :)

duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug duga dug dugada dugada dugada dugada <pause> dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada <slight pause> dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada dugada <pause> dugada dugada dugada dugada
Are you a member of Van Canto? :eek:

Some predictions for the album tour:

- fantastic stage design that may include several flags, rocks and samurai castle with towers (can bee seen in the promo video for the formats of Senjutsu).
- the big Eddie will be with the helmet (not without it like on the back cover of the album). It looks like TBOS Eddie without it.
- if the title track is the opener, then the walk-on Eddie will appear during another song (Trooper again?).
- Adrian will debut a new guitar.
- the setlist will be 15/16 songs.
- 5 or 6 songs will be played from the new album.
- the intro for the tour will be the intro of the title track.

But Rime was written 30 years before Red and Black and it was one of the first epics ever written in hard/heavy music. Rime is a "game changer" for metal epic tracks

Red and Black is just long not very good song with unsingable lines, silly whoohohoh and copy paste intro from BOTWH

Sorry for offtopic guys :)
Red and the Black has a very cool mid instrumental section preceded by a couple of totally unnecessary and average solos which could have been simply cut. I like the melody line, but Bruce is struggling sometimes. So all in all, it's the same old problem, good ideas, nice sections but a couple of parts which could have been improved or skipped completely. I can't tell the same for Rime, which despite a basic chugging rhythm, it still flows.

Reactions: jcv
Red and the Black has a very cool mid instrumental section preceded by a couple of totally unnecessary and average solos which could have been simply cut. I like the melody line, but Bruce is struggling sometimes. So all in all, it's the same old problem, good ideas, nice sections but a couple of parts which could have been improved or skipped completely. I can't tell the same for Rime, which despite a basic chugging rhythm, it still flows.

Red/Black is the highlight of the album for me! I love the solos!

But... having said that... I confess that I edited the song...

1 excluding the chord repetition at the beginning
2 excluding the redudant instrumental before the chant "the red and the black... the Red and the black..."
3 taking out the return to "oh oh oh" at the end,

2 excluding the redudant instrumental before the chant "the red and the black... the Red and the black..."

I can't find the version I did. I think I brought it down to 10 minutes!

this is wild to me- and unthinkable. If I do t like it I don’t listen to it. No judgment tho, Im sure Maiden could have used the edit button a bit on the song.

I wonder if this ‘edit’ the song is an age thing, maybe the younger folks are more likely to do it?

(get off my lawn)

Would it be possible to upload it somewhere (link into PM) cause I've never heard an edited Maiden song and I am just curious what it sounds like.

Yeah I would never consider editing a maiden song except Angel and the Gambler. I think if we edit the chorus, we might get a short 3 minute song :p

Yeah, editing a song to one's liking is kind of outside my comfort zone.
Maybe somebody should edit Anna Karenina and just leave the dialogue in, cutting out all the rest...
I'm not comparing Steve Harris to Leo Tolstoy, mind you. Nor The Red and the Black to Anna Karenina. But the same principle applies - you take apart a finished artistic product and turn it into something else. You might like it better than the original, but it's not the same song/book/whatever anymore.

I wonder if this ‘edit’ the song is an age thing, maybe the younger folks are more likely to do it?

(get off my lawn)
This is asinine. I bet that mixtaping and home editing as a concept has been around for almost as long as tapes themselves.

Since the subject of editing came up again, I'll just restate what I said before in this thread:

Why do people feel they have the right to edit published art by their supposed favourite artists these days? Respect an artist's creation, for fuck's sake! Where does this sense of entitlement come from that you no longer wish to be challenged by a piece of art just because you would have done it differently? What's next, are you going to re-write Shakespeare's sonatas because you don't like his choice of words or add a drum solo to Beethoven's 3rd? If you don't like what an artist does, do and publish your own art, don't go invading someone else's creation!

Also,

Yeah I would never consider editing a maiden song except Angel and the Gambler. I think if we edit the chorus, we might get a short 3 minute song :p

Ironically enough, there is a single edit of AATG that is 4 minutes long and which is used in the video.

I wasn't that far off! Not gonna listen to it because I don't want "Don't you think I'm a savior?" going on loop in my head right now.

There are two edits of TAATG, one is this 4 minute one which removes more than just the chorus and the other is the 6 minute one. I wonder if the 6 minute version was the original version and the 9 minute on the album was an edit. Why you ask? Before Virtual XI was released a promo called An Introduction To... Virtual XI was released with subtitle The first three unmastered tracks on Virtual XI direct from the studio, release date: 23rd March 1998 and this promo includes the 6 minute version, however it doesn't call it edited. Here's it btw

This is asinine. I bet that mixtaping and home editing as a concept has been around for almost as long as tapes themselves.
Lol. We are not talking about mixtapes. We are talking about editing a single song, copy and paste style.

try doing that with a tape deck and I’ll give you a dollar.

Back