Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Is it just me or (apart from the drums) this sounds like a helicopter noise?
Sounds like one on first listen...but I think its actually a keyboard note or swell. I'm wondering if this is Senjutsu's version of the intro to IESF. Maybe Nicko experimented a little with a large Kodo style drum and perhaps the wood sticks? There might be a war drum type theme running through a few songs on the album

My all-time favourite bands are Maiden, Lizzy and Priest.

Last year, I discovered Dead Lord from Sweden, who remind me a lot about Lizzy. Some say they are a rip-off, but they are all fools. Ha ha. :bigsmile:

My top 3 bands as well.
Just checking out Dead Lord now, pretty good!

If you like retro swedes check out Night, and Lykantropi

So I originally thought of getting the box set, but looking at it now... 120€ is a lot of money for a bunch of stuff I don't really have any use for.

It's a robbery, there's about 20 quid's worth of material there, the regular album and the blu-ray which looks like it doesn't have much more content than the Wildest Dreams DVD Single from back in the day which cost about a fiver in those days. The rest is all guff you'll take one look at and put back in the box.

I know that this is the nature of rareties, and I'm all on board with that, but realistically even €75 would have been an extortionate price.

I'll go with the Digibook. I really liked the previous ones and I think they line up nicely.

It's a robbery, there's about 20 quid's worth of material there, the regular album and the blu-ray which looks like it doesn't have much more content than the Wildest Dreams DVD Single from back in the day which cost about a fiver in those days. The rest is all guff you'll take one look at and put back in the box.

I know that this is the nature of rareties, and I'm all on board with that, but realistically even €75 would have been an extortionate price.

They are milking it, that’s for sure.

Why do people feel they have the right to edit published art by their supposed favourite artists these days? Respect an artist's creation, for fuck's sake! Where does this sense of entitlement come from that you no longer wish to be challenged by a piece of art just because you would have done it differently? What's next, are you going to re-write Shakespeare's sonatas because you don't like his choice of words or add a drum solo to Beethoven's 3rd? If you don't like what an artist does, do and publish your own art, don't go invading someone else's creation!

My top 3 bands as well.
Just checking out Dead Lord now, pretty good!

If you like retro swedes check out Night, and Lykantropi
Lately, I've been checking out a lot of swedish bands on the internet. Sweden has a great tradition of classic rock, which I can only admire. Thanks for the tips, by the way. :bigsmile:

Lately, I've been checking out a lot of swedish bands on the internet. Sweden has a great tradition of classic rock, which I can only admire. Thanks for the tips, by the way. :bigsmile:

Night are a bit more like Dead Lord, Lykantropi is a bit more hippy 70's vibe with some female vocals but they are all in the same ball park.

Why do people feel they have the right to edit published art by their supposed favourite artists these days? Respect an artist's creation, for fuck's sake! Where does this sense of entitlement come from that you no longer wish to be challenged by a piece of art just because you would have done it differently? What's next, are you going to re-write Shakespeare's sonatas because you don't like his choice of words or add a drum solo to Beethoven's 3rd? If you don't like what an artist does, do and publish your own art, don't go invading someone else's creation!

The edits remind me of Yngwie Malmsteen saying "people say less is more but how can that be? More is more" :lol:

This shit Eddie tshirt is called "back cover" on the official web store so presumable it's on the real album

512010a.jpg

Back