Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I am borderline insane and in the FC but also post here so I guess I'm a rare exception to the rule :p

EDIT: FWIW I don't think I'll be buying the $450 box set though. No extra music or video content!

Ditto.

Even if there was extra music or video, there would have to be a lot of it to shell out 450 quid!

No interest in having a box full of knick knacks that I will never look at, and content that is already in the "cheap" box.

I might have considered it if I hadn't already forked out €300 on all the other formats. If they shift 2000 copies of that I will be very surprised, TBH I would be surprised if they shift 200 copies, the only item of any unique value is the bluray, and I would value that content at €10 max:lol:

To put the £450 price tag into perspective, for that money someone could buy all 17 of maidens studio albums, plus all the major DVDs (live after death, maiden England, en Vivo, rock in Rio), and go to one of their concerts.

I don't like to say it but it appears fan's are being taken advantage of. £450 is more than most people earn in a week

Back in the day when CD format was competing with cassette and vinyl, bands/record companies used to put bonus tracks on CDs to encourage CD sales (CDs were sometimes twice the price of cassettes). I don't think maiden ever did that at the time. Now look at the situation. I'm sure there will be some hard core fans who will buy every format available and the bill may top £1000. Madness (to me at least).

I bought Armored Saints Symbol of Salvation when it first came out I think in 1991. I then bought the CD about 10 years later. Then some years ago they released a special edition 3 cd set, with a remastered version of the album, the original demos and a commentary from all the band on the creation of the album and each of the songs. It was less than £15. If Maiden wanted to give the fan's something special this would have been better than postcards and a box.

I bought Armored Saints Symbol of Salvation when it first came out I think in 1991. I then bought the CD about 10 years later. Then some years ago they released a special edition 3 cd set, with a remastered version of the album, the original demos and a commentary from all the band on the creation of the album and each of the songs. It was less than £15. If Maiden wanted to give the fan's something special this would have been better than postcards and a box.
@MrKnickerbocker, you’re supposed to formally announce your alt accounts!

@MrKnickerbocker, you’re supposed to formally announce your alt accounts!
Just happy to have someone else with impeccable taste around here!

Cheers @Nature's Beast!

What I'm getting out of this is that somehow there apparently weren't 3 minutes or so they could cut from the last two songs on the record, which would've made them easily fit as a double LP/single CD album. I'm honestly a little puzzled by that, especially since Bruce's interview kind of makes it sound like Steve's songs weren't necessarily rock-solid compositions with no breathing room in any direction.
That could also be Steves stubborn nature to not want to cut anything either , which often leads to songs going way longer than they need too .

Yes, they did. I remember seeing the discs in stores. I think every bonus discs had all the b-sides from whatever singles were released off the songs of the studio album.
Yes, the Castle reissues from 1995. I replaced all of my original pre-1995 CDs with those two-disc sets at the time to get all the B-sides.

At least Priest give some unreleased shows too!
Imagine if you pay this much and the album turns to be shit (in your oppinion)

Yes, the Castle reissues from 1995. I replaced all of my original pre-1995 CDs with those two-disc sets at the time to get all the B-sides.
Those CD's are pretty good cause the contain the good masterings and not the shitty remasters that followed. They might miss some stuff tho, like running free on live after death

Back